BPAL Madness!: Peninsula Deliriorum - BPAL Madness!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Peninsula Deliriorum 3/15/14–3/18/14

#1 User is offline   Usagi 

• obsessive precious hoarder
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Mood:Potato in a Jacket
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

The Land of Insanities. Shrieking white tobacco flower and geranium pepper streaked by high-pitched wails of orange blossom, neroli, and elemi, all obscured by a disorienting veil of orris and violet root.

So excited for this new Lunacy theme!

In the bottle, it's a high-pitched, white lunar herbal, leaning heavily towards herbal. First applied, it's still light and herbal, but has the weight of a highly refined unisex cologne-- perhaps leaning a bit towards an aquatic. The neroli and elemi combine to form an airy-cool scent that is neither one nor the other, but brings wisps of rich herbal coolness with very light throw. The pepper adds a little kick. I don't smell the tobacco flower, per se. But I think it's in there, delicately adding a white roundness that completes the scent.

As it dries, it goes through a short "soapy" phase-- but only the best, french-milled, tiny niche shop soap, you understand ;)-- where it's a bit too white and too high-pitched. This phase fades quickly. It could be due to the bottle having just ended its journey this afternoon, being born only slightly earlier than that. It's anyone guess.

When the scent has settled into the skin, there is more tobacco flower. It's cooler and rounder, with the orris adding a fine, powdery quality, like moondust. As it fades, there's mostly sweet orris-- a little powdery-- buoyed by a soft breath of tobacco flower.

The impression this scent gives is of a cool, dark field of grey sand, under a black sky, where the earth has replaced the moon. And maybe it's comforting that no one can hear you scream.

This blend is pretty fabulous, greater than the sum of its parts, and highly wearable.
  • to the top!

#2 User is offline   cinnamonmel 

• obsessive precious hoarder
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • SotD:under the harvest moon
  • Dragon
  • Libra
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

First sniff: reminds me of Dia. Then a greenness comes through. I'm not finding it high pitched at all, it seems fairly elegant in an almost Private Collection (Estée Lauder) way. Not the same scent, but of that era.
Later it sweetens and becomes warmer, there's a hint more orange blossom to it then. It's beautiful.
  • to the top!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Share this topic:

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users