Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Poisson d'Avril

Not at all fishy; rather, quite Springy! Innocence spiked with a little bit of foolishness: Lenten rose, crested iris, windflower, primrose, moss phlox, belladonna lily, cherry blossom, blue crocus, daffodil, hyacinth, and dewy tulip with a touch of sugar blossom and honey.

Initial Thoughts: The 2007 version is a lovely floral that I like to wear in springtime. The added notes are in general nice to me. Worth a shot.

In the Bottle: A light and cool spring floral. Perhaps the lily and hyacinth are ahead of the crowd of flowers. Whether it's due to the aging of the 2007 version or the presence of more notes, the new version is less sweet.

Wet: Light and airy florals, an impression of citrus from somewhere, and the honey creeps in quickly but stays subdued. Again, it's less sugary than the 2007 version.

Drydown: The Lenten rose is not being a skanky-bad rose on me and there's very little morph. Fresh flowers sprinkled with honey. It is lasting longer than the 2007 version, which vanishes into my skin rather quickly, leaving only the barest impression of honeyed floral.

Verdict: I'm very glad I snagged a bottle.

Poisson D'Avril 2012 - I can't believe I'm only the second one to review this scent! O_O I guess florals really are comparatively unpopular...

This is just the kind of floral I like - sweet and soft, without being cloying or sickening. Lenten rose is another name for hellebore, not "real" rose. This is spring flowers in a bottle, with a sweet and almost powdery, but pleasant edge from the sugar blossom and honey. The sweetness comes out more as it dries. It is fairly light on me and doesn't last all that long, but I don't mind slathering. ^_^

For me, this one is slightly soapier than 2007 version... but on the other hand, I can smell some of the other notes more prominently: iris, lily and tulip. With a dollop of honey.

I find this to be a very springy, very delicate floral blend. It has very low throw and staying power on me, but if it did, I would be very tempted to find a bottle. I think these notes work better as a lotion. It's got a very 'clean' light floral appeal that would work very well as a scented lotion.

On me, this is fabulous. I wasn't going to order a bottle then I got a decant on a whim and rushed to order a bottle. On me, the honey and sugar blossom are reminiscent of the sweetness in Fairy Market, one of my favorite scents. The florals are sweeter than Fairy Market which sweetens this blend more, but I don't find it candy like. If Fairy Market is the dewy morning, this version of Poisoom d'Avril is the bright light of day. I love my bottle.

On me, this is a classic floral - the sugar and honey are really just a touch in this blend for me. I can detect a hint of honey and sugar if I press my nose up to my wrist, otherwise this is all spring flowers. It is perfect for spring and summer, very light and feminine. I find that it reminds me of a department store perfume that I used to wear, I just can't remember which one! This tends to fade quite fast on me though. Overall, I generally like florals and this one is no exception.

Edited by becca_s

Quite nice in the imp, a springlike floral, fresh and breezy. Dry, harsh white floral, soaplike, and not my kind of blend at all. I wish the honey came out, as it may have tempered the bitter floral here.

In the imp: A sweet, springy floral. Definitely getting the cherry blossom.

Wet: A mix of quite tart notes, that nice 'white florals' scent, a slight spicy sweetness. Really lovely.

Dry: Just wonderful. The best floral scent I've got from BPAL thus far. It's not really ~me~ (I'm more about foody/spicy scents), so I won't be getting a bottle, but those who can rock florals should asap!

This is like sticking my face in a giant bouquet. I get roses, iris, and a bit of lily as scents that I can identify. There are a lot of other floral notes to go with it, but it's such a cacophony of flowers that it's tough to really pick out anything special. Even the rose, iris, and lily get a little buried once it dries. It's definitely like a handful of spring blooms.