obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,380 posts
  • SotD:Pele
  • Rabbit
  • Scorpio
  • Canada

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Peach liquor, almond syrup, orgeat syrup, and pineapple cream de cacao.

Totally almondy in the vial, with the tiniest drop of pineapple. Wet, it smells a bit more tropical, but it is still like 90% almonds. After a few minutes, I can finally smell the peach. The almond is calming down a bit. I am liking the final dry-down. It is bright and tart. Although I do like almonds, I think I would like this more if they were toned down in this blend. This is probably my favourite of the Atomic Luau Lounge scents that I have tried.

#27 grrrlennyl

The MESS in Messiah

• Moderator Emeritus
  • 11,587 posts
  • Mood:modly
  • SotD:Tree of Life
  • Ram
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

On: Lots of delicious peach and creamy pineapple. Not as heavy/syrupy as I thought it would be, which is good.
4.5 hours in: A warm, sweet scent with a fruity edge.
Overall: This is just OK on me. I really like it at first, though.

#28 melrose

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  • Mood:wistful
  • Dragon
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

First on, wet: I was afraid this would be so heavy/fruity/sticky, but it's wonderful! It's like walking through a garden on a tropical island while sipping a drink with a little umbrella. The breeze is wafting in off the ocean, and it's heaven.

Drydown: What the heck? Cat urine - where did this come from? Civet isn't listed in the ingredients; besides, civet has always played nicely on me.

Far drydown: Very faint pineapple. What a letdown after a fantastic buildup.

#29 Kit Foxly

Kit Foxly

wrist-sniffing wench

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Mood:Musical
  • SotD:Aureus
  • Ram
  • Nothing Selected
  • United States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

On application, this reminds me of the awesome sherbet lollipops that don't seem to exist outside Australia. It's citrus-fruity, effervescent, and fun. There's the slightest touch of something that I want to call musk in the background slightly creamy, slightly powdery. It's not my sort of scent at all, but I can see fruit fans loving it.

Unfortunately for me, though, it dries down to rose, rose, rose, and causes a throbbing headache. Oh, rose, you turn up in the darndest places. <_<

Wasn't my sort of scent anyway, thankfully, but the headache wasn't fun. :umm:

#30 tinyvulture

• Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Mood:blissed-out
  • SotD:Huesos de Santo
  • Dragon
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Peach liquor and the almond goodness of orgeat syrup...pineapple's nowhere to be found. Light, fruity, and happy. Perhaps a little too boozy to wear on my skin?

A couple minutes later, the booziness has faded. Soft almond and peach, very nice! Sadly, this is too close to my skin and I can barely smell anything after a few minutes. Wish it was stronger, because almond/peach is a great combination.

#31 Jenesis

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Rabbit
  • Sagittarius
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

First on: Boooooozy almonds. If there was such a thing as almond liqueur (is there?) it would smell like this.

Drydown: Much better. Pineapple and peach, with a sugary note over the top - brings to mind Xanthe a bit but it's not as bright or citrusy.

Dry: I'm usually impressed with the Lab's ability to replicate non-perfume scents and this time they've managed to make a cocktail smell! A pretty, sweet, fruity scent with a boozy undertone, much like a Sex on the Beach. While I do like the smell it's a bit too "night before" to wear in most situations, questions might be asked of my health if I wore it to work  ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atomic Luau Lounge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users