Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Pine Needles, Frankincense, and Beeswax Absolute

Yum. Freshly applied this leads with strong pine and transitions into funky beeswax, and then sweet frankincense sweeps in. Dry, the pine is not as potent but still prominent. Sweet, funky, pine.

This goes on with a blast of pine, backed by the frankincense and beeswax. The pine quickly calms down, and it ends up settling into a frankincense scent sweetened by beeswax on me. I agree that the frankincense is a sweet, smooth variety, not a harsh or slightly lemony one.

I find this trio to be really relaxing and will definitely be hanging onto my decant. I just wish the pine lasted a little longer on me!

This ends up being a sweet frankincense scent on me. The pine starts off strong, and somewhat quickly fades into the background. It's still there, but it's more like essence of pine. The frankincense becomes more noticeable as the pine dies down. It's sweetened by the beeswax. A pleasant, sweet airy scent, but not something I imagine I'll really reach for. Wish it was more of a pine scent.

I feel like I've smelled this sort of scent so many times, this foresty resin and beeswax candles type of scent, but I prefer it to be more complex, dark and smoky.  This trio starts off very piney and a little sour on my skin and then more of the beeswax and a sweet, golden, resinous, smooth frankincense take over.  Bpal's beeswax note is so realistic to the scent of unlit beeswax candles, but I have always found that scent a little off-putting when it's so strong and in a simple blend like this one.  It's realistically waxy, creamy, and almost musty honey.