Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Philos, Adelphos

On August 9th, 2022, we flew out to start the process of moving ourselves – and BPAL – from Los Angeles to Philadelphia. This scent is a mingling of Southern California and Eastern Pennsylvania native plants with a little Mlle. Moriarty, Theodosius, and Mme. Moriarty tossed in: California poppy, Catalina currant, white sage, California mock orange, California spice bush, wild rose, and brickellbush with wild blue phlox, goldenrod, blue flag iris, wild indigo, white yarrow, anise hyssop, beaked hazelnut, and scarlet strawberry.

This is pretty. Freshly applied on me, it's mainly a fruity orange-strawberry blend against a complex vegetal background.

Pomegranate, plum, and currants creep out in drydown, and this veers deeply into dark-red-fruits territory. I suspect this is mostly from Mme Moriarty, but I've never tried that one.

Once dried, this just goes full heavy fruits. But I'm enjoying this deep fruitiness with, for me, largely unidentifiable plant hints now and then.

I get a big hit of white sage at first, then as it dries the strawberry and currant are coming through - quite a shift! I am regrettably unfamiliar with the carnaval characters in the mix. Curious to see how this develops over time.

ETA: as this is wearing it is reminding me of the strawberry/may rose/red musk trio, but less juicy and with an herbal backdrop

ETA again: more aspects of the carnaval characters emerge later in the dry phase for me, here are the notes to save you some clicking:

Mlle.: Coconut and a bit of sugar with pomegranate, pink musk, orange blossom, cypress, honey myrtle, and incense.

Mme.: Red musk, vanilla bean, pomegranate, black currant, patchouli leaf and wild plum.

Theodosius: Earl Grey tea leaves, a white fougere, jasmine leaf, pearlescent white musk, and vanilla bean.

Edited by LavenderCoffee

This is lovely! I can't tell you what it smells like, because I don't do well with this many notes in one scent. However, it is sweet but dry with hints of spicy vegetation. I don't really get any fruitiness, but the florals are lush and velvety. There's quite a strong throw to this, too. I will definitely enjoy wearing my decant.