Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

With My Flayll I Erne My Brede

Grapes! Such grapes! "Heady" is the right word - it's a big, swooping, purple, thick burst of grapes as it goes on!

It's odd - it doesn't read 'wine' to me as much as 'grape juice + booze,' if that makes sense? Like someone put alcohol in the grape juice, rather than "wine" as such. Which is nice, especially if you like the Lab's grape note.

At first, it's actually not as sweet as I was expecting, though now - about half an hour in - more blackberry is creeping out and adding a little fruity berry-sweetness. Perhaps a good scent for early autumn nights, all indigo and bronze and velvet folds.

so much blackberry love. 💜 with grapey wine and lots of musk. very nice! 

this one reminded me of blackberry moon (which i LOVE!) so i decided to do a side-by-side comparison. it's fascinating how the contrast of two similar scents can really highlight the differences. under simultaneous scrutiny, blackberry moon is infinitely lighter and cleaner, with prominent green-leafy notes.  flayll is robust and perfumey, sloshing with winey grape notes and potent with musk. blackberry moon is demure, staying closer to the skin. while flayll projects a big, purple presence.

i tend to amp musk, so over time the differences become more prominent as the musk takes the lead in flayll.

SO! it turns out they're actually quite different, and my olfactory education continues. unfortunately, this also means that i think i might need them both.