Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Fir Needle, Ivy Leaves, and Moss

My mom has always been a 'clean freak' and, as an adult, so am I.  I used to love coming home to the house smelling of bleach and PineSol.  The home that I spent my childhood in was deep in a pine forest, so we were surrounded by evergreens.  Our house also had thick ivy growing up the one side and moss covered rocks all around the house.  This scent smells so much like the sparkling clean home of my childhood with the windows thrown open to let in the fresh air and smelling crisp evergreens, warm wood, and cool ivy.  It's like all of the green scents of my childhood and it smells so natural (other than the whiff of PineSol, which is a scent that I adore anyhow) because it has the sweetness that those green scents naturally have and that most perfume fragrances miss the mark on.  It has the alluring type of sweetness that you get from freshly cut grass or pine sap.  I absolutely adore this.  It loses the PineSol after about 15 minutes and I smell like warm evergreen trees - sweet sap, warm wood, crisp needles - and the sweetness of freshly cut grass.

I usually hate green fragrances because they're sour or off to me in some way, but this is something that I want backup bottles of.

This blend is gorgeous. I might not have picked it up if it wasn't for Little Bird's review.

Glittery, Faerie/Elven Pine-Sol for 15 minutes. I actually love this stage, its so random and fun like the banana note in Noisy Goose Moon is random and fun.

Then, a green, ethereal, diaphanous, softness that is hard to describe. Maybe musk or floral along with the green notes? It is very similar to one of my top 5s, Forest Daughter by Deep Midnight Perfumes which doesn't list any green notes at all but has florals, sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli, and cocoa, yet manages to smell like a faerie forest or Elven maiden in Middle Earth. It's very similar to dandelion, like if dandelion was green, sheer, and sparkly. Since the patchouli in Forest Daughter smelled acrid to me post covid due I'm so happy to have a substitute as there's no patchouli in this at all!

No weirdness here, just gorgeous, glittery notes. No oakmoss stomping over everything, no Christmas tree stomping (Black Metal song when), nothing earthy/skanky, just clean and green, like what elves would clean themselves up with.

Basically glittery green forest in Middle Earth. It works better on my skin than Elf. I'm considering a backup too even though I'm broke. Hands down one of my absolute favorite BPALs.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

The first time I sampled this, it came out as a lovely, naturalistic woodland glade on me: cool from the fir trees, warm and forest-beddish from the green moss.

On this second sampling, though, over a week later: Pine-Sol! This is a change. It's now essentially Pine-Sol aerosol with some added greenery and vinyl-ish coldness, with the latter seeming to glisten like sunlight striking new-fallen snow. The vibe is more of the pine than the fir, now, and much more chemically toned.

Interesting, but not my bag.