Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Her Mouth is Sinister and Red

Blood in moonlight: red rose petals and daemonorops dribbling across gleaming beams of white orchid, mugwort, and white musk.

This is definitely floral, but not heavily rose like I was expecting. Maybe it's mostly the orchid? If I didn't know there was supposed to be rose in this I don't know if I would have identified it, but I think it could be hiding under the orchid and making it smell more "perfumy". There's something that almost reads as a fresh, sweet, orangey note, but that's just at the top of the sniff and it quickly fades down to the slightly bitter perfumy smell. This is okay so far.

After a couple hours it no longer smells floral, and the bitter perfumy scent has mellowed out and it's slightly powdery. A little waxy. The orangey note is long gone too. I think I'm getting the white musk. This reminds me of some old art supply for some reason? Some crayons or colored pencils or pan watercolors, something like that. The throw is pretty low, so it's not an offensive smell. It just doesn’t excite me.

After 4 hours it has worn down to just a light white musk. At this point I don’t think I’ll want more of it, but I’ll wait to see if this changes much over time.

Like Fletchkat, I expected this one to be loud and heavy on the rose, but was surprised on the first sniff when I got something very soft, feminine, pale and floral. It stays quite close to the skin,  always subtle, almost a whisper even after only 15 minutes . I can see this one turning soapy/powdery for some folks, and I'm lucky my skin chemistry works well with it. After a couple of hours there is a slight tanginess (or bitterness? I am not sure I can find the exact right word to describe it). But it is very faint and I must say I find it quite pleasant, a nice surprise after the initial bouquet. 

It's not an extravagant perfume, it's one to wear when you want to wear a scent just for yourself. 

Edited by Ceux

Red musk, orchid, and whiff of roses. This smelled soft, feminine, and floral. It reminded me to a Lucy blend from a previous Dracula line. Good throw and wear length.

Oh derp that's right, daemondrops=Dragons Blood! No wonder this smells so good. But hol'up y'all, it seems diff than the usual Lab DB, plus it's not too sweet, not too Spencers, not too temple. Just light, yet adds dark, soft, but adds depth.

A pretty, soft, white and red floral with dragons blood supporting, and white musk keeping this clean and classy. Powdery, but not too soapy. The mugwort makes an appearance, but it's rare, and not a problem. Balanced and well blended. I really enjoy this! Does fade pretty quick. Skin scent for sure. Definitely similar to Lucy Westenra, but with no play-doh! ❤️

Although rose is the first floral note listed, I’m getting a much stronger orchid, mixed with a light amount of dragon’s blood and then some white musk. It’s nice but I’m not a huuuuge orchid person and the rose is just kind of not showing up. This will be in my pile to frimp to someone else who may love it more.