Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
vikitty

Returning after nearly a decade -- what have I missed?

Hi everyone! I haven't been around since 2012 so suffice to say... I have missed a LOT. I honestly have no idea where to even start building up a BPAL stash again so I wandered in to ask for some recommendations. What have been your favourites in the last decade so I can build a wishlist?

Hilariously, I'm locked out of my old Scentbase account since I have no idea what email was attached to it and forgot the password, but I was able to pull it up to read young me's ratings. I'm not sure how much my nose has changed since then, so rather than look to the past I'd rather start fresh and go off of what I know I love. My favourite BPAL of all time is/was Antique Lace and I still have like 1/4 of a 5ml (original version) that I will stretch out as long as I can.

My usual style:

- Vanilla (any kind, from true to buttercream, foodie, smoky, etc)

- Rose

- Coconut

- Peach

- Strawberry

- White musk

- Really anything foodie

I got an imp of Debauchery in a recent Ajevie order and I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it, but there are so few notes in it I can't tell exactly what it is that makes me feel so sexy. 

WB, Vikitty!

Look for the newer Strawberry Moons.

The Lab goes to Dragoncon in GA in recent yrs, so many peach scents to be had.

Welcome back!

Some things off the top of my head you might look into:

• Beholder Optician (GC, impable): eucalyptus leaf, white amber, pink bergamot, strawberry, and sheer, crystalline vanilla musk.
  • Zorya Polunochnaya (American Gods) : Pale amber and ambergris, gossamer vanilla, moonflower, and white tobacco petals.
  • Eat the Strawberries (American Gods): Strawberries, fresh-picked.
  • Ava (Only Lovers Left Alive): sheer vanilla musk with tuberose, red mandarin, and the sweet poison of white almond.
  • Bawd (Independant Shakespeare): Raucous red velvet musk, sweet patchouli, billowing peony, bourbon vanilla, and a cascade of red rose petals.
  • O Spirit of Love (Independant Shakespeare): Effervescent rose chypre and bourbon vanilla.

Some LEs that could fit the bill but might require more hunting:

• Perfectly Normal Childhood: spun sugar, vanilla marshmallows, cardamom, and cake batter.
  • 2004: Paper Phoenix : A memory of Antique Lace, Formula 54s pink pepper, and a splash of Dorian's white tea and lavender fougere.
  • There's been several duets and menage a trois blends that have featured coconut in the past year or two that have coconut and might be worth tracking down!
  • Ghost Faced Bat: Sugared coconut meat, vanilla pods, condensed milk, white honey, and benzoin.
  • Libra 2016: The strawberries and roses of Venus gilded and polished into an urbane, elegant perfume by sheer white musk, mallow oudh, white incense, bourbon vanilla, red benzoin, and polished woods.