Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Phantasmagoria

Sweet indigo labdanum, mugwort herb and oil, black rose petals, bitter clove, lavender buds, aged red patchouli, ink-black vegetal musk, myrrh, and dark, velvet-smooth spices.

In the bottle, I smell clove, mugwort, and the indigo labdanum, which has an sweet opium sort of vibe.

I get the clove and indigo labdanum when first applied, backed by the herbal mugwort. Then the cola-like labdanum takes over for a while. During this phase, the scent reminds me of The Death Grapple from Lupercalia 2020, although there are times when the opium and clove make me think of Devil and Circe. The Lab's sweet opium is the indigo part of the labdanum and it becomes more prominent with wear, so by the end of the day, it is mostly opium-coated labdanum backed by a softer clove and some subdued, velvety black rose petals, musk, and some light patchouli. The notes are difficult to pick out by this point beneath the resinous opium haze, but they all swirl together to create a dreamy goth scent.

I love the clove in this, but I wish the labdanum wouldn't have been as strong so that I could get more of the mugwort and the lavender (I didn't really get much lavender from this). But it has only gotten to rest for a day, so that could change with more time to settle/age! I'm going to hold onto my bottle to see how often I reach for it/if those notes come out more with age. :) 

To me, this is a spicy, resinous Coca Cola blend. I get basically the labdanum (hence Coca Cola), the myrrh, clove, and touches of patchouli, spices, and a whiff of rose at the end. Medium throw and wear length.

Oh man. 

Instant top 5.

Spicy cola mugwort resin goodness. 

This one needs at least 3 backups. 

Labdanum and vegetal musk. What a winning combo! I have let my bottle sit for quite a while because there was something sharp and stabbity early on that is no longer sharp and stabbity. I love this. A little bit of clove, a little bit of rose. 💜