Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Mommy Fortuna 2021

Honey, hint of caramel, metal and herbs. This was a strong sweet honeyed sweetened metal. Very gender neutral. Good throw and wear length.

Mommy Fortuna offers a light, herbal honey and a dull gleam of metallic gunpowder. Maybe a touch of maple and/or beeswax.

There was a Luper with honey, maple, and beeswax that this is reminding me of, just a bit -- Chushu no Meigetsu.

In the decant I get the warm, deep honey that I always think of as the Lab's 'thick honey'. It's a really rich honey and I think there's some amber underneath. A bit of herbs. On wet I'm almost certain there is some amber, and that honey seems tom just get thicker. It's gets maybe just the tiniest touch gourmand, I want to say I pick up on some sweet spices like cardamom. But just a tiny hint. As it dries the sweetness shifts from just honey, and reading the reviews above I really can't tell if it is caramel or maple. Maybe both? It's not overly sweet, it has a very inviting and kind of homey quality to it. Very smooth.

so i finally get to experience the "sweaty honey" that I've seen floating around on some honey-based scents (and had quietly hoped was a myth) and that is breaking my little unicorn fan heart. i really really wanted this one to work, so badly. i love gun powder to pieces and i've fallen in love with two strongly honey-based Shunga 2021 scents with no "sweaty honey" in sight. What happened, ugh?!

Mommy Fortuna is a swirl of tangy grungy baby powder and sweaty honey, with a little whistle of woody notes for the first 30 min. Then it shifts to sweaty baby powder honey and waxy OG cherry Chapstick. Where's the gunpowder?! the herbs?! Booo! I've been defeated by skin chem again 😭

if bpal's honey note can sometimes go "off" or overly powdery on you, be warned - this twopenny magic may not bloom just right on you.