Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Cleaning House

Cleaning House is a blast of fresh air and sunlight, crafted to blast away any residual tension or negativity in your home.

Use to anoint purification and home blessing candles, and to anoint areas of the house that feel particularly stagnant or shadowed.

This oil contains lime oil, lime rind, lemongrass, angelica, palmarosa, and frankincense.

Smells-wise (can't speak to the ritual element here, personally) this is a very bright citrus to start. Mostly it's the lemongrass with a bit of lime added in.  The lime kind of fades within the first few minutes but the lemongrass lingers as the angelica comes in more. It's still a very bright blend but the angelica adds a bit of woody herbiness.  I'm not really getting any palmarosa, which is fine for me cause that tends to be a bit more floral than I like.  The frankincense is also fairly quiet here, though I believe it's adding a lot to the depth of this.  Around ten to fifteen minutes the frankincense starts to show up a little more distinctly, and it's very reminiscent of the frankincense that was in a couple other recent TAL blends (Bounce, Quies) which also reminds me a fair bit of the frankincense in Choirs of Angels from the Ars Inspiratio collection.  Overall, the scent here is bright, not quite as "warm" as I think of a "sunlight" blend being (Choirs had more of that burning brightness for instance) but definitely very fresh and clean.

Wet, I get nothing but sugary lime (reminds me of those candies that are shaped like lime wedges and coated in sugar). As it dries the frankincense and angelica emerge, although lime is still the star of the show. Extremely bright, almost sharp, and very clean and energizing. I'm not familiar with palmarosa, so I can't really speak to how prominent it is, and I can't distinguish the lemongrass note (although that could be due to my inexperience with fragrances). This oil is significantly less sweet than Bounce, which I received in the same order. I agree with Ythik that it's not really warm, which is really interesting, and it does have an intriguing depth. I bought this to wear, rather than for rituals, but I don't see myself ever wearing it out - maybe at home for a day of spring cleaning? - but I do enjoy it and will try to find another way to use it.

This smells like a clean house. For all those people who complain about citrus smelling like cleaning supplies, well, here I think that's the point. This isn't something I would wear, but it's bright and fresh, and would work wonderfully added to an oil burner, or (for those of you crafty at adding oils to other products), in cleaning supplies or laundry.  I don't know about its ritual uses. But I've been trying to get in the house cleaning mood so I'm wearing it today, with middling results.

Very upscale cleaning supply smell. 

This is a super-bracing, clean, headcleaning citrus and herb blast.  Think the freshest new soap at the world's cleanest spa, with pots of verbena and mini lime trees all over the place.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Really a head-clarifier.  Wore solo yesterday during a very long, emotionally difficult day helping Mom over the weekend (stage IV cancer, it's in the countdown phase); I made it through the day.  Today I was bushed so I woke up late, threw on yesterday's clothes, and layered more of this with some vintage SilkyBat, which adds a sort of gentle sweetness to the blend; it feels like a hug from someone in a very clean fresh sweater...

I got the impression from the description that this wasn't really meant to be worn? It's a bit sharp and very bright and clean smelling. I like to use a bit when I deep clean areas of my home.

Starts with a blast of lime/lemongrass, and as those fade, the frankincense really comes out. I'm not sure what angelica or palmarosa smell like, so I can't say I smell them. I agree it's very "upscale cleaning supplies."

I used this and Sealing Sanctuary along with other items for a massive over due clean today.
I used it as I was taught cleaning oils should be, which means this went into my cleaning water not my skin.
It's a fresh citrus scent that brightened the home.
Although it was followed soon after drying by my final mop I felt that this was an oil I'd keep in my cleaning rotation it did exactly what it said it would.