Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Kimi Ga Dai Wa

Something about this smells like waxy lipstick on me, the sandalwood goes very powdery, and the saffron is sickly warm and dryly spicy (I thought there was cinnamon in this initially).  The sweet amber smells like a very woody and dry type of amber.

Dry, powdery woods, dry spices, warm and dusty.

freshly applied this is primarily a bone-dry sandalwood, with the other elements wafting out around it. warm saffron, golden and slightly musty with an almost minty undertone initially. there's a brief whisp of a glowing-ember kind of scorchy note that sinks down into into the sandalwood, infusing it with that warm toastiness. sweetening everything up is a slightly powdery amber that moves towards a more resinous/vanilla tone as it warms up. 

when the dust settles, it seems to be an even split between sandalwood and amber, punctuated by saffron, with a glowing little toasty-warm ember buried down in the middle. over time the amber actually gains the lead and becomes a *hair* more prominent on me, but i do think i amp certain ambers of the more resinous persuasion. the sandalwood loses some of it's desiccated dryness as the amber gains traction, but i would still characterize this overall as dry and resin-sweet.

surprisingly, way into the day it ends up reminding me a little of amber and cardamom! it's the same type of amber, with the sandalwood + saffron standing in for the dry spicy cardamom. 

i'm not always in the mood for dry scents like this, but when i am this is definitely one i will reach for. it's really nice.