Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Black Amber, Oakmoss & Terebinth

This one is a beautiful floral male scent on me. Blew my hair back, & made me have a Fabio moment when I smelt it. That's how masculine I felt. Ha! They all sing together so nicely. Wish I had bought 2 bottles.

Terebinth is one of my favorite notes, and amber always works on me, though I'm not as familiar with the black variety.  Oakmoss can go either way, and oakmoss is what I get most of here.  Oakmoss with some pine and amber notes, and although amber tends to last forever on me, I had to reapply this within about three hours.  I suspect this one will be much improved by aging -- it's not quite coming together on me right now.  

I ordered this because the wonderful Tom mentioned it recently in one of the BPAL testing videos as something he wears often. And it's really lovely. It doesn't have PINE!, it's more of a subtle, subtly sweet scent. I agree it is like a beautiful floral male scent but not really heavily masculine. It's much softer than I expected and although it's not really the type of scent I normally wear, I like having it and will definitely test out on my partner as well. It makes me super excited for the Black Amber & Sugar Cane duet that was just released, too. 

to add: I am not great at describing or distinguishing notes, but I would say that this leans much more black amber and oakmoss with some pine (but not sharp or pine-sol cleaner) at the start that gives way to the black amber in the drydown. So if you like black amber and oakmoss but weren't sure about the terebinth.. worth grabbing before it comes down in a few days! 

Edited by Seajewel