Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Sweet Patchouli, Labdanum & Ylang Ylang

So simple, yet complex, & smells like a designer perfume. The Ylang -Ylang plays so well with the Sweet Patchouli, adding more sweetness & depth, while the Labdanum adds some powdery dimension. Fresh & clean, almost smells like an old time aftershave too. I'm in love with this one.

Edited by Rane.
added *Fresh & clean, etc.

I can smell patchouli, but really it's hard to pick apart different notes here.  Ylang was a risk for me, I don't hate it but I wasn't sure if I really liked it.  It really doesn't stand out at all to me.  I understand what Rane means by the aftershave impression.  Not sure what else to say!  It's just totally blended to me.

I like this and I will wear it as late summer transitions to fall.

This is a very lovely, mildly sweet earth scent to me. Reminds me of Death Cap but less sweet. It's very soft and close to the skin. I quite like it, could go into my bucket of comfort scents. May grab a partial or upgrade to a full at some point. 

ETA: also lasts a really long time despite how quiet it is. I could still smell it all day the next day after applying at night. 

Edited by Seajewel

Ylang and yalng fades into a sweet resinous patchouli. This is one of the most accessible patchouli blends I know. This patchouli as a perfume. Good throw and wear length.

This smells like how I have always wanted one of the classic vintage perfumes to smell on me - but they never did.  It’s beautifully blended, because I pick up on all of the components —  the powder of the labdanum,  the sharpness of perhaps a drier patchouli and the tropical, almost banana-like sweetness of the ylang ylang.  It has nice lasting power but isn’t an overwhelmingly strong scent,  but I just love its retro, feminine quality.  Powder and red lipstick and a bit of an edge.  

I like this one, but it's a very heavy, dry scent that's like a simplified vintage fragrance full of patchouli, oakmoss, sweet labdanum and a little hint of tropical floral ylang-ylang.  Resins can sometimes have a cola or Dr. Pepper type of smell to them, and this one reminds me a little of Dr. Pepper (and similar to bpal's Schwarzer Mond with its patchouli and sweet resins).  The ylang-ylang gives it a hint of a sophisticated floral-ish tone that's quite nice amongst the heavier notes.  Dry, earthy, resinous, yet perfumey.

I obtained a 2nd bottle via swap. This one smells more funky-poo sweet patchouli, woody labdanum, & the Ylang Ylang lends a little sweetness. This bottle isn't as strong as my first one.

Edited by Rane.