Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
artisjok

Looking for White Musk~

I have a friend who loves to smell like white musk, and the brand she uses has cut back on quality (the scent isn’t very strong anymore).

Does anyone have a favorite recommendation, that’s in stock preferably, from any company? 

She’s into the single note, though I’m sure some simple blends would be appreciated. 

I’d stick with oil over alcohol-based, too. 

Edited by artisjok

Here are two simple blends that feature the note:

Current LE: Cherry Blossoms in a Waterfall. Simple and clean, as long as floral notes are okay. The white musk does become more noticeable over time. "Wet cherry blossoms, muguet, and crystalline white musk."

GC: If she is okay with citrus, Embalming Fluid might be a good bet for a clean, citrus scent: "A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon."

Lurid has lots of white musk and ozone, too: "Black currant, Bulgarian lavender and white musk with a dollop of thick resin and a voltaic charge of ozone notes."

Here's a list of Lab scents featuring the note. I remember Death on a Pale Horse being strong on the white musk, but that one is more complex than the blends listed above. :think: 

White musk is kind of Not My Thing, but of the ones BPAL currently has in stock, I like 51 quite a lot:

"green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats."

though it comes out as more of a citrus/wood dominant scent on me. And this is recency bias, but I'm trying Death and Floral's Decomposing Roses for a Decomposed Romance tonight, and her white musk note seems to work better on me than others I've tried.

And BPAL's Embalming Fluid is mega popular. It's at least worth a shot IMO. 

Thanks to you both! 
I have to check with her to see what combos she is comfy with, though I’ll probably start collecting decants in the meantime. 

I’m also hoping someone knows a good single note from another company... 

Edited by artisjok

Seconding (thirding?) Embalming Fluid.  Also, for those okay with florals, the white musk in Ode on Melancholy really sings on me.  

Edited by simplyfussfree