Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Crow Moon 2020

This is the final Full Moon of winter. The call of the crow signals the end of the frost, and their scent, of vervain, black violet, white musk, Terebinth, and Chinese cedar, is brushed by the last cold wind of winter on their wings, and the scent of evergreen boughs touched by the season’s final flowers and the first blossoms of spring: wintersweet, green-barked dogwood, primrose, snowdrop, and lenten rose hellebore bouquet.

Crow Moon 2007 was my first bottle of bpal, which I swapped away because as a 20-something newbie I thought while beautiful, it was too sophisticated for me to ever actually wear. I was delighted when it came back as the new lunacy, I’ve been kicking myself lately wishing I still had it since I suspected I would feel differently now, and I certainly do! Gorgeous, deep, dark evergreen woods with dusky violets and wildflowers peeking out through that chilled minty slush. I can’t speak to how the slight note variations make it differ from previous versions, the scent brought me back to that time like a scent memory does, though I think it may be a bit softer and sweeter. If Skadi was a forest in the dead of winter, and Elf was the same one in summer, Crow Moon is that forest just as winter turns to spring. Magical!

Edited by LadyLuckless

Dark, green hellebore, woods and a whiff of primroses and snowdrops. This is a dark, wintry blend. It's chilly, wild, and dark like the blue sheen of a crow's feathers. Medium throw, great wear length.

I knew I'd like this after seeing the comparisons to Skadi and Elf. To me, this is a vibrant green forest scent, which is apt for a scent encapsulating winter turning to spring. Weirdly, smelling this makes the top of my tongue tingle . . . An odd side effect, but otherwise, 👍😄

Sorry to say I wasn't impressed. Both in the bottle and left to mingle on my skin all I got was a bit of evergreen and nondescript greenery. Im finding that with most of the Bpal scents listing evergreen type trees as a note, its obscenely overpowering. It is very fresh smelling, but lacked depth to me. I didnt get woody or musky vibes at all. Nor did distinct florals pop out at me, or the 'wintry coldness'. 

Edited by CharB