Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Snake's Kiss Hair Gloss

In order to understand what Snake's Kiss HG is like, it's important to understand the evolution of the perfume oil itself. Fresh off the presses in its debut year, Snake's Kiss was a wisp of a scent: sugary vanilla, a drop of honey, not much Snake Oil, not really much of anything. A year later, it was rich, creamy, warmly sweet. Two years later, it is INTENSE. Still quite far from Snake Oil, like to my nose it's barely in the same family, but it lasts longer, yes, LONGER than Snake Oil, with more powerful throw, more sweetness, more of everything. It smells like whipping up a vanilla buttercream frosting with a healthy dollop of gentle honey and a sprinkling of spices. Did I say buttercream? I sure did. "Thick vanilla cream" is no lie. This is desserty gourmand Snake Oil. 

I say all that to say this: fresh off the presses, Snake's Kiss HG is probably gonna turn into that. Right now, it's much closer to OG Snake Oil than Snake's Kiss perfume oil ever was. It's got more of the characteristic spices and muskiness, with less of the foodie buttercream action. I still am picking out the drop of honey, but it's faint. It's comforting, smelling the Snake Oil just sweetened up. Very pretty. Now on the hair....A few spritzes in, and it fades within a few minutes. Fresh. Fresh, I tell you.

I won't be using this much for a year. I'm going to stash it away, forget about it, and pull it out again next February. I know what the Snake's Kiss journey is like. It needs time. It's very, very much worth the wait. You can expect an update next year from me ;)

Edited by starbrow

My hair gloss experience is pretty much spot-on to my perfume experience: this much lighter than expected, and is mostly honeycomb and vanilla. I'm not getting much Snake Oil, at all.

Much like the perfume, I expect this one needs some aging to fully appreciate it. Right now, it's too light and fades too quickly. 

Lemony sugar with creamy honey and vanilla. Love it! There's a hint of Snake Oil but it's fairly dialed back; as others have noted, it will likely strengthen with age. This isn't super strong, but is more noticeable in my hair and has more longevity than I expected. 

Starbrow above compared this to buttercream frosting, and I agree! I can smell the Snake Oil, but mostly this smells of buttery vanilla sweetness. I enjoy this quite a bit, and am very glad I got the opportunity to try a decant.

Snake Oil with honey and vanilla! This hair gloss smells every bit as good as my Snake's Kiss perfume oil. Like a previous review states, I think Snake's Kiss is something that improves with age, like many other Snake Oil variants. There is definitely magic here but I know it will get even better with some aging to it.

This is a great alternative to Snake Oil when you want that snakey smell but even sweeter.

I love this scent as a perfume, but it works even better as a hair gloss for layering.  It's especially wonderful with any honey, tobacco, or Snake Oil variants!  Or even with plain ol' Snake's Kiss perfume!