Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Black Coffee & Cinnamon Buns

Floury cinnamon, whiff of icing, and a hint of coffee. This was a mainly cinnamon on wet, but then it dries to a glorious coffee with a touch of sugar and cinnamon. Good throw and wear length.

How atmospheric! A truer recollection of the bitterness of a strong cup of coffee with a gooey sticky cinnamon bun could not be asked for. In less than an hour, the bun has been fully eaten (which, I mean, true to life!) and I'm left with icing-hardened crumbs and some slightly warm black coffee. I don't think I would reach for this to smell it on my skin, so I didn't spring for a bottle, but as an atmo spray? Watch out, I'm coming for it! 

An atmospheric coffee shop blend.

I expected it to be stronger, but it goes on soft and goes softer. What I get at first is a hot black-brewed coffeehouse joe and a doughy cinnamon bun with icing... but it's all so soft. Then it blends into morning coffee shop atmo. Coffee shop air.

Maybe my skin wants coffee, so it's eating some of these blends right up. Retesting will happen.

In the decant: Coffee candy and cinnamon bun with gooey icing. 

On my skin:

Wet, I can more easily tell that it's the icing sugar mixing with the black coffee that's making me think "coffee candy." Plus cinnamon. Cinnamon coffee candy? (Side note to life: Why is there no such thing as cinnamon coffee candy? We need this in the world.) As it dries, the syrupy quality of the scent softens, so that the sugar and cinnamon become almost powdery.

This remains a very wearable gourmand on me. The black coffee is quite detectable up close, but it never overpowers. The cinnamon bun sweetness accounts for most of the throw, but the coffee keeps it from being cloying. I'm not sure I'd ever use up a bottle (I rarely wear pure gourmands), but it's quite a nice novelty experience. 

Edit: The more I wore this, the more I liked it. It's a cozy winter scent that's not outright Yule. It has the same feeling -- though not the same objective smell -- I get from Miskatonic University, only with less Irish coffee.  

Edited by torischroeder9

Strong sweet black coffee with just a dash of cinnamon in the bottle. Goes on as coffee with cinnamon, but soon the coffee starts to fade and turn into that "coffee burp in the back of the throat" note and I’m getting stale, faintly sweet bun dough.

Sort of like I had coffee and a cinnamon roll for breakfast and this is what’s left on the diner counter an hour later.

Smells like a fall/winter latte. Mostly getting coffee, but not really smelling the cinnamon. It's more of a baked goods smell with baking spices. So overall, reminds me of coffee with a winter holiday syrup added to it.