Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Blue Lilac, Black Currant, and Black Orchid

Sweet, muted florals. Dusk arriving earlier than you expected. (The color of the label art is spot on!)

Floral notes start out quite strong but calm down quickly to enhance the sweet dead leaves base rather than overpowering it. I'm not getting anything identifiably 'currant', but I suspect that it's adding a depth that helps keep this blend from becoming too light. As someone who prefers soft+dark scents, this is a very wearable floral.

My HG lilac scent has been found at long last! Normally lilac is made more "chilly" which doesn't smell authentic to me - lilacs are warm and heavy. The other notes are swirling around keeping the lilac warm and earthy and not at all soapy, but you don't pick them out in the waft. Smelled "at a glance" it's a really beautiful complex lilac soliflore, like encountering a lilac bush in a garden, real and still growing. Trying to convince myself not to buy a backup, might be failing.

Wispy lilac, dark orchid and black currant, and a whiff of dark leaves. Honestly, this is a dark lilac/orchid blend, and its something that I would see a lady vampire wear. Sophisticated, dark, and kinda deadly. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet it's very floral, like a big bouquet. Then, when it hits my skin it turns to beautiful lilac and black currant scent; still very floral. Later I smell something smokey ( dead leaves? ) and little bit of orchid. It's amazing - lilac, currant, flowers in the background and 'smoke' make it wonderful :wub2:

It's a smoky dusky sultry floral. It has a wafting smoke element to it, but it's kept in check. I get a dark lilac in a non-heady way with something menacing around the edges. Hypnotizing, alluring and head-turning.