Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Fall, Leaves, Fall

This starts off with maple leaves then dries to rose and blackcurrant with a lovely soft musk note.  I don't get any oudh.  The throw is light and it lasts a few hours.  This is a very pretty scent, it smells early autumn when the leaves just start to fall.

Maple leaves, black currant, blue musk and a whiff of roses. This one is mainly a maple leaves-blue musk blend on me with enough black currant and roses to sort of hide the oudh that lurks about. After about 15 minutes, the oudh does make its presence known, ever so lightly. Actually, this probably could be considered a "dead leaf" variant, but the DL note is much softer, and yes, it is a maple leaf as opposed to straight up DL. Blue musk always codes as contemplative on me, so it's much brighter on wet, and dries down to a cool autumn night in a leaf pile. Medium throw and wear length.

Dead leaves is so often cologne-y on me, but this is true leaves moldering in damp piles on the driveway, with the remnants of summer's flower beds overgrowing the walkway with their wilted petals hanging on for dear life. In that sense, this would work really great as an atmo, I think. It's something that really does suggest a moment in fall, but it's not necessarily a moment that I need to cover myself in. Oudh and blackcurrant both behave themselves, though, and play gentle supporting roles behind those vibrantly colorful maple leaves crunched underfoot and darkly romantic rose (which is not a stompy rose at all, amazingly). I'm very happy with my decant.

Date December 17.2019

Right away I get the airy dry leaves scent that I love from the Dead Leaves Collection. The black currant with the leaves reminds me of one of my favorite DL blends: DL Black Currant Tobacco Tar.

On skin wet: Airy, dry, a little floral and a little feminity. I can get the rose scent here. This reminds me a lot of the old Bath & Bodyworks "Joyful Garden: Stolen Moments" which used to be one of my favorite scents in high school. As it starts drying, the maple scent comes out with a resinous sweetness.

Dry 30+ mins: The maple leaves and black currant are adding an almost syrupy note to the perfume. It's a lovely, story book type of autumn scent.

Worn 3+ hours: All of the scents have come together in a well blended harmony for autumn. This evokes a bright, warm autumn walk through the last flower garden of the season.

Final thoughts: This ones a little too perfumey and delicate for my current style. I would have loved this scent when I was in middle school/high school. I would recommend this scent for those that love the warm, golden last warm days of autumn.

I didn't try this because black oudh has become such a death note on me, but it was passed on by a super generous forumite.  I needn't have worried; the oudh is not in the least noticeable on me, adding richness but no fecal matter.  At first I get the glorious maple note, like one of my favorite HGs, Under the Maple Boughs, with a lemony indigo musk.  It's akin to the dead leaves note but not identical.  The blackcurrant has a tart edge and isn't overly sweet, and the roses are kind of an afterthought, maybe a faint rosy oudh note around the edges.  This is nice but didn't last terribly long on me.