Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Daddy by EFFY

DADDY isn't defined by gender: it IS a gender, and it's anyone's to try on. It takes all kinds ⁠— masc daddies, lady daddies, queer daddies, punk daddies, muscle daddies, soft daddies, big daddies, baby daddies, noncorporeal daddies. 

Subtle differences in skin chemistry ensure that no two people will wear DADDY quite the same way; this power is yours to wield as you see fit. No leather jacket, no fishnets, no problem! (But if you want 'em, we know a guy.)

A roll in the hay with a sexy demon daddy: a diabolical incense with a splash of bay rum and a hiss of infernal fougere. Congrats, you're a DADDY now too!

PS: DADDY is being released with a variant label. Will you end up with the butt or the crotch? It's a mystery!

I smell bay rum at first then it fades to hay & incense. Has some green notes to it that makes it slightly powdery. Reminds me faintly of Exhausted Sailors, & Black Forest.

*It's a shifter! Smells completely different now, like fruit or a lovely body wash?? The hay note is still there. Perhaps it's the fougere playing around. Swoon!

20190928_115954.thumb.jpg.8cec5db4eb343abf64b4061da7026e31.jpg

Edited by Rane.
*updated lol

Incense, fougere, and bay rum. This toggles between warmth and coolness, aggressive and pliant. It's pretty much a pinwheel of a spectrum. Sometimes incensey, sometimes more of a traditional gender neutral cologne, sometimes a little more masculine, sometimes a little bit feminine. It's very wearable, very fun, and definitely for those that aren't into labels. Any labels. Medium throw and wear length.

This didn't have anything I really enjoyed. I love my fairy for getting it, though, and I love the idea behind the inspiration for this scent. I definitely agree about it being a spectrum, though. It wasn't overly masculine or feminine, but for my preferences, I felt like it leaned on the masculine side. For whatever reason, I just don't enjoy fougere or bay rum, I think. I do think it's worth getting a decant of to see what it does with your chemistry, though.

Well this is interesting. It starts out mostly bay rum (not boozy, more like an old fashioned cologne), with a warm base sort of like sandalwood and a lot of spicy resin. Definitely a Dad cologne. Then poof, it changes into an old lady perfume, specifically the Avon perfumes that would come in the novelty bottles. Then back again. And back again. This totally bounces all over the gender spectrum, which I am digging, but the places it goes are all more old-fashioned than I was expecting. This isn't quite my cup of tea, but I'm glad to try it.

In the decant: I get the bay rum, a bit of hay, and incense.

On me: Bay rum dominates throughout wear, backed by some hay and incense. There's only a hint of fougere on me. I love Beth's fougeres, and if the description hadn't mentioned it so that I would know to go looking for it, I probably wouldn't know it was there.

I also tried this on the boy, who had a similar experience, although he was picking up more of the incense on him.

Verdict: You must enjoy bay rum (the cologne, not the booze, as supreme_c0rt mentioned) in order to appreciate this one. I'm not a big bay rum fan, so this is not for me, and the boy wasn't really drawn to this, either, but it was fun to get to try it.

I will first admit to being incredibly biased when it comes to the concept behind this scent. I'm a big fan of Effy's work both in the squared circle and in making wrestling a safer space for queer performers, my most recent order was about 80% just to get my hands on this bottle. But, thankfully, I was not disappointed by the scent itself. Hay, incense, and bay rum are the big major notes I get in the bottle, wet, and dry. I'm not sure about any sort of kaleidoscopic or shifting effect, the smell stayed pretty consistent on me, and I didn't get any green or 'old lady' notes. But hey, that's the magic of perfume, and I'm just glad that it works for me. "A roll in the hay with a demonic daddy" indeed, it's delicately masculine on me with a seductive quality that I'm a big fan of. I'm not sure if it makes me the daddy, if it draws daddies, or if it is a gesture towards the great archetypal daddy, but I feel daddy in this 5ml tonight and it's definitely going into my regular rotation.