Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Raucous red velvet musk, sweet patchouli, billowing peony, bourbon vanilla, and a cascade of red rose petals.

Peony, red rose, touches of vanilla musk. On wet, it was mainly roses, and then the peony comes out and smothers the roses. But then the vanilla and musk come out. It ends up actually more innocent than expected. Good throw and wear length.

It's way more subtle than I expected from the description.  Wet down it has  red/patch with a hint of rose. Dry that all goes to a more elegant but slightly soured wine mixed with vanilla and the peony. Not sure I need a whole bottle but I'm tempted because I think this will age well. 

I had the feeling that Bawd would be one of the roses that works on my skin.  I was right.  Bawd is, however, almost all rose on me.  The "raucous red velvet musk" is curiously quiet on me, not my usual experience with red musk.  The patchouli is also barely there.  This is mainly full red rose and peony with a little vanilla, and my skin eats it up within three hours.  

Now, this is my favorite red musk: reddish brown, not red or dark pink, coupled with a hint of dark pink florals and just the barest hint of patchouli, which is much lighter than I anticipated from looking at the notes!

Honestly, this is just so beautiful.

Edited by HerbGirl

Wet: Lush red roses dripping in patchouli.

Drydown: Lovely soft red musk, a hint of patchouli, and a soft bloom of rose underneath.

Dry: Soft, and lusciously feminine. The notes have melded together gorgeously. It is challenging to pick them out.