Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

White Sandalwood and Clove

Ugh, dusky clove and a whiff of smoky sandalwood. LOVE THIS. Perfect for adding more clove into a blend. LOVE.

I ADORE clove, but it also has to be in the right context, lest it becomes either too cloying or too acrid. My hands-down all-time favorite clove scent has always been The Smiling Spider, but I've also been interested in more sandalwood-based scents this year, so I knew I needed to snag this one. The clove is definitely the lead note whilst in the bottle and through dry-down. The sandalwood reads as an afterthought- as I pull my wrist away from my face, I detect it in passing: "Oh! Hello!" and then it floats off again. I love the clove in this, but had been hoping for the sandalwood to make more of a presence. I'll keep it for the clove alone, but I'm also hoping that aging will bering the wood out of hiding a bit more.

White sandalwood and clove is more like CLOVE and white sandalwood. It has a strong, dusty clove note backed by a light, dry, white sandalwood.

If you ever thought, "I like this scent, but I wish it had a little more clove!", get thee some of this layering note.

I like it, but I think I prefer Sweet Clove SN.

White sandalwood tends to be too powdery and dry for me, and that's the impression that I'm getting from this blend.  Dry, powdered clove that's a little too sharp and not quite sweet enough for me, with a hint of baby powder.

This smells like a clove cigarette without the acridness of the smoke.  I don't get much of the sandalwood (maybe just to smooth it out) so as some others have mentioned, if you have a blend you would like to get a little more clove in, this would be a perfect complement to layer.