Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Strawberry Moon 2019

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, a drop of strawberry-infused benzoin, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

Comparing the notes between the 2012 and 2009 versions (the only other ones I've tried):

2019 notes - Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, a drop of strawberry-infused benzoin, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

2012 notes - Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, strawberry blossom honey, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

2009 notes - Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

It looks like the strawberry-infused benzoin is a new addition! Anyway...

Wet: Warm, sweet strawberries! Like taking a whiff of fresh strawberries that have been sitting in a grassy field, warmed by the sun. This is more similar to the 2012 version than the 2009 version so far, IMO; the scent is warm and sweet, without turning into strawberry candy. .. Though that may change when it dries!

Dry: Okay, this REALLY reminds me of the 2012 version. Warm strawberries, grass, and.... It's not listed in this year's version, but honey? There's something very honey-like when this dries down. 

If you're looking for a realistic "strawberries-in-a-field" scent, I think you'd really like this. More of a naturally sweet strawberry scent (like 2012), rather than a strawberry fruit-leather scent (a la 2009). 

Lovely!

I feel like this is really close to the 2017 release, but with a bit more staying power. It doesn't last on me all day, though, maybe 6 hours. And it's a bit more adult, less on the candyish side.

Candy sweet strawberry floss dries down to strawberries and a whiff of dandelion sap. Medium throw and wear length.

I've been smitten with Strawberry Moon since the 2009 halcyon days. 2012 was not my favorite, but the note list was compelling enough this time (benzoin, I'm looking at you!) that I blind-bottled not one but TWO. Fingers crossed my boldness has paid off.

Straight away, I find that, as with the 2009 batch, the sweet juiciness of the strawberry is offset by the tang of the dandelion sap. I love the juxtaposition, each element keeping the other one from becoming too overwhelming or veering the scent too far off-course in one direction or another. The benzoin is a stroke of genius, in my humble opinion. The honey in the 2012 mix made the scent a bit too sweet and cloying for my tastes, whereas omitting that note and replacing with the vanilla-resin-esque benzoin adds depth without making the scent sugary. Resins tend to get better with age, and while this is definitely good enough to wear immediately, I'm excited to see how this scent might continue to deepen with more time. 

On a side note, I've been testing several scents today and for this that scored both, I'd *highly* recommend layering this Strawberry Moon with the White Sandalwood and Clove duet- the clove and strawberry together create a sexy tomboy vibe that is *incredible* and not at all gourmand! ❤️ 

[in the bottle]: The grass and the dandelion sap are both giving the wild strawberries a green fresh-from-the-garden scent.

[wet]: The benzoin seems to be deepening the strawberries to a darker, less fresh feeling. 

[the dry-down]: Last night, when I tested this, it was all strawberry candy of some sort. Today's dry-down is more pleasant. :) All the notes have now mixed together in a lovely blending. The sugar is sweetening the strawberries, the green notes are keeping it somewhat fresh, and the benzoin is grounding the overall scent. The strawberry note floats along on the top, making this a great summer moon scent!