Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pom, ink and a whiff of smoky oudh. HUH. This might be the first time that oudh has behaved for me. Which to be honest, is a very odd experience to me. But yeah, it smells like a blazing, smoky red ink. Medium throw and wear throw.

One huff of this at Lunacy and I was in love. It's DELICIOUS. Now, let's break it down.

Pomegranate, first and foremost. It's a very juicy dark-red topnote. Hmm, what's in that blood-red ink? Maybe a drop of red musk along with that dark-berry blackness that's in some of the slinky inky blends? It's darkened even more by the oudh, which may indeed be the same oudh from Pumpkin Musk and Black Oudh, because I had the same this smells soooo good reaction to both of them. Not indolic at all to my nose, and it does exactly what it's supposed to, swirling the blend with rich resiny gloom.

This glows redly for much more than a moment, but the darkness does indeed make it a rich, deep, dark red, almost velvety pomegranate. I instantly picked up a bottle. I am wearing it in the summer, but this would also make a great yule scent.

Pomegranate. Perhaps the pomegranate is less sweet because somewhere there are these other notes, perhaps, but I don't smell either ink or oudh - and I am especially sorry about the oudh. I have some oudh scents that I love and I was hoping to add one to them. I even waited for I don't remember how long to allow it to show more notes. But it's still just a lot of pomegranate. This sigil is not complex at all on my skin.

Like an earlier reviewer mentioned, the Oudh in this blend is quite unique and will act differently.  This is the first time it's ever been smooth for me and not gone directly to the barnyard.  That pomegranate is bold, sweet, and very juicy berry.  Medium throw and long wearing. If I am wearing a light jacket or sweater, it's still gonna have this scent on it the day after.  My bottle is aged a year now and it's one of my favorites.   

This one was a bit of a shot in the dark for me. I didn't have many fruity perfumes when I picked this one up, and only two full bottles, and going straight for the bottle was definitely a scary premise.

Once I got it on, though, I was impressed - and even now, not being much of a food or fruits person, this is still one I'll reach for. Hugely juicy pomegranate, with a touch of resin and musk darkening it. Fruitier than I tend to reach for, but absolutely decadent. I can definitely see myself wearing this to brighten up the depths of winter, and it just yearns to be at a Yule party.