Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I really took a gamble on this because metallic scents are usually awful on me but it was a small decant and since it's hair gloss, my rationale was,  if it doesn't work out,  I'll scent my laundry with it..

Well, it worked.  This is the lovely shining gold note (accord,  I presume) from The Imperator [Tarot: The Emperor series ] , I think.  If not, they're kissing cousins.  It smells like, a crown of shining gold light.  With maybe some bay and crimson musk.  But take that with a large grain of salt because I'm shite at guessing notes.  But I can throw adjectives at you all day; this smells like Apollo's golden boy, a white knight,  expensive without being flashy, regal, sunlight reflected on water.  It's a bit more virile than I tend to wear and not for those who prefer their scents on the traditionally femme side of the spectrum but I'm wearing it this summer.   Should pair well with Sportive Sun or any of the Emperor's scents.  I think also with Anthony or Titus Andronicus. 

Shining gold, spice, and just a touch of blood. This smells like a crown that is spiky enough to use to defend yourself against any attackers. It's golden, warm metal, and deadly. LOVE IT.

Mr. zee_zee told me I smelled dangerous.

Frack.  I don't even know.  Woody spices.  Cinnamon, I think - maybe.  Something cool and vaguely cologney that I can't put my finger on; the metal, I guess.  Gender neutral.  Hard to pin down.  Dry and perfumey and not really doing it for me.  Interesting though.

Mmm! Rather than anything metallic, I smell petrichor/wet stone layered with some berries & maybe a hint of herbs or woods. Drydown is mostly berries with a witchy, dancing at a stone circle vibe. I really like this & plan to upgrade to a bottle. I was expecting something with a sharp red musk, so I'm very pleased to be wrong. :)

Edited by alterosen

A little bit of dragons blood with some warm spice and a hint of golden amber. I don't really get metallic from this, but it is lovely.

So tricky to pin down. Sharply golden, gleaming but with teeth. I smell once-green things now scorched, which makes me think of how Under the Maple Boughs HG was the smell of hair straightening, right down to burnt hair and heated hair product. The Crown smells like an extremely expensive salon with warmed metal tools, rich hair product swirling in the air, mirrors all around reflecting gilt furniture. For the life of me, I can't detect any dragon's blood or pin down what spices are here. I feel sure the bramble note is some kind of moss or bark, and I am almost sure there is ti leaf in here too. But then there is also a warm, shining amber, a glowing nimbus around the prickly earthen notes.

It's not a HG I would want to wear every day. It's special occasion for sure. You have to be in a Big Mood for this one, I feel like. You have to have Boss Energy to wear The Crown. Which...makes sense. I pull this out when I want to feel strong and empowered. Rich and ravishing. Highly recommend grabbing a bottle of this before it comes down and seeing if you, too, are fit to don The Crown.