Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

That which permits blood to leave the heart: white musk, sorrowful carrot seed, tobacco flower, and black currant.

White musk, black currant, and a whiff of carrot seed. This one is a melancholic white musk. It's white, clear, and sort of wistful. Medium throw and wear length.

This is all carrot seed and white musk on me. Refreshing for the right moment on the right person. Tiny tang of black currant but I'm really stretching the truth on that one. 

Wet: Interesting. The tobacco is very dry and woody, also slightly dirty in a way that reminds me of one of the lab's patchouli notes. I'm sadly not getting the carrot seed or musk, which was what I was hoping for. This has none of that, it's all about the earthy tobacco. Which is really surprising, because usually tobacco flower smells nothing like actual tobacco to me, but that's the only note listed that could possibly smell like what I am smelling. Either that or this was labelled wrong...

Dry: Much the same - mostly dry, earthy, slightly woody tobacco. I do get tiny hints of carrot seed, but not what I wanted. This type of tobacco is not my fave. Not for me! Smells almost nothing like the listed notes. Disappointing.

Edited by LizziesLuck

I loved the carrot seed in Pale Snowman and was curious to try it here, but Pulmonary Valve doesn't work on me.  It's not a surprise -- white musk and tobacco flower are both notes that have a good probability of going screechy on me.  This was just not a good match with my skin chemistry.