Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dianella

Chiroptera

A bat-friendly bouquet! Evening primrose, night-scented stock, moonflower, night phlox, lemon balm, lavender, honeysuckle, sweet sage, salvia and thyme.

In the bottle: Green, clean, sharp with a hint of sweetness.

Wet: Sweeter, more floral. Green scents tend to go this way on me, I think. I smell something faintly soapy, which must be giving me that 'clean' note. I can detect the lavender and the thyme - the latter is really lovely. I can find the sage and honeysuckle if I really search for them, but they're more subtle and blended. This oil dries REALLY slowly.

Dry: Much less sweet now, and I don't know if I'm focusing on it or what, but the thyme seems to have come out even more. Still a bit of soapiness, verging on too much but still tolerable. The lavender is a bit stronger now too.

Summary: Sadly, in the end the soapiness became a bit too much, overwhelming the lovely soft herbiness of this oil. This oil has excellent throw - even after several hours, it's still not fully dry on me! Edited by Shollin

Preconceived ideas: I love bats, so I had to try it! Moonflower is a note I enjoy, but if the other florals or the verbana overpower, it could get really nasty.

In the imp/initial sniff: Florals! I can smell the verbana but it doesn't smell like lemon pledge, so this might work after all.

Wet on skin: Only a hint of lemon but mainly floral. I can't really discern the moonflower, but overall it smells like lovely night flowers.

Dry down: Its a blend of sweet florals supported by the herbal notes, which are green and almost minty. Smells like walking in a garden of flowers blooming and catching wafts of the flowers and the green stems and leaves as well. Almost balmy, definitely a warm blend. Doesn't last as long as I'd like. Throw is pretty weak.

Overall impression: An etheral floral which was much lighter than I expected. Bats would definitely dig this. Despite my distrust (which is usually quite deserved) of florals, this works. If only it lasted longer, I'd be forking over large amounts of cash for a bottle of this. I think I'll just hoard my imp. I do wonder if I wear it at night if bats will follow me like the Piped Piper?

This bottle with a new label came from the July DD trunk show. I love bats. I wish that I could have bought this when it was on the site to support the Bat Conservation International charity site. (I can always just make a donation.) Bats live in my bf's area, so we can see them fly around at twilight. I'm really happy that they are there, chowing down on insects. :)

In the bottle: I'm getting a nice mix of florals, but the lemon, and the sage and thyme are prominent notes as well.

Wet: Sweet florals, a lot of sage, and a snap of lemon. There's a tingly coolness and at the moment it has good throw. I'm typing, but I can still smell it. Just lovely.

The dry-down: I adore honeysuckle, and it's the most obvious of the floral notes. The lavender is right behind, though. But at the same time, all the notes, both floral and herbal, are slowly blending together to make a delicious bouquet. If I were a bat, I would dive right in. As an earth-bound human, I'm just content to wave my arms about and take in deep breaths of this wonderful spring-like oil. But I'm not sure where that cool feeling is coming from, not unlike the coolness I get from Beth's snow note, but there's no snow or ice or rain in here. Unless, just think, the cool note is the dew that's fallen in the night and has made the night-blooming flowers even more attractive to bats and humans alike. And, did I mention the sage? Lots of yummy sage here.

I was graciously BPAL Santa'd this by Stellans....and omg...love.

In the vial it's very floral and when I apply it, I get lemony/lavender and a lovely light floral throw. It's not very strong and I get it in whiffs...but holy cow...lovely.

I almost smell a little bit of 'bats' themselves, but maybe it's me...I believe it's the lemon and sage playing together. Lovely, and feeling very lucky to try this.

Divine! 4.5/5!

Very, very herbal in the imp and wet on my skin, so much so that it almost smelled like some old medicine in my grandma's cabinet. Two hours after I applied it, the florals are just starting to come out, albeit very faintly. I had high hopes for this one and went to a lot of trouble to locate a bottle, so I'm hopeful the florals will continue to develop and make this one worth keeping.