Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tonka bean, clove bud, leather accord, and Mysore sandalwood.

Tonka, clove, and leather. With a whiff of my favorite sandalwood. This one is dark, spicy, and slightly leather like. Gender neutral to masculine. Good throw land wear length.

This is Kit clad in a well-worn, brown leather jacket that somehow has the scent of clove infused into it.

The sweet Mysore sandalwood from Kit and Al-Azif is a main player here, accompanied by what I believe is the same brown leather note found in Outlaw and clove. The sweet tonka melds with the Mysore sandalwood beautifully, and over time, the brown leather comes out more.

I think this is really nice. I am not sure that I need a bottle of it because I already own plenty of Kit. But this is my favorite sandalwood from the Lab, and I do love clove and that brown leather note, so I am not sure that my little half-decant will be enough.

Mostly clove and leather with some warm vanilla/sandalwood notes that provide staying power. A pleasing, gothy melancholy, refined, gender neutral scent. I could smell this everywhere I go and not get tired of it. The scent version of how I *wished* my 90's goth self was perceived...but we all know I looked not exactly THAT cool. Ahhh being poor and young!

I haven't posted a review of a scent in ages, but this one is really something special. 

The scent is clove forward, backed closely by leather.  The clove is not sharp to the nose. It's rounded by the vanilla-saffron notes of the tonka and persuaded away  from the gourmand by the sandalwood and leather.  It's an unopened pack of clove cigarettes in an old, well cared  for leather jacket with a faint hint of skin and incense. 

Gender neutral leaning a little masculine. Just on the delicious, dry edge of edible, where you might give it a nuzzle or a nibble if you were adventurous.  

This is definitely what I'll be using to nurse my wounds about not being able to get a new bottle of Hand of Glory. A warmer, well traveled cousin that prowls self assuredly instead of hunkering down for a good skulk in the shadows. 

Edited by thewintering

I almost get coconut from this. It's woody and warm any vaguely foodie. I smell strong clove at first, but the clove blends in with everything else after a few minutes. The leather comes out, and this becomes a beautiful, warm, sexy smell that could work on a man or woman.

Fans of Brown Jenkins should try this one, though they're different enough to both be bottle worthy.