Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Three Lovers

White and yellow roses, violet silk, Himalayan cedarwood, mandarin, white musk, carnation, and dried red currants.

I'm actually surprised at how lovely this is. I get tender pale roses, touch of violet, musk, and whiffs of both carnation and red currants. The overall effect is a silken floral, very elegant and regal. This is like draping yourself in a silk kimono - its rich, luxurious, and beautiful in an understated way. Absolutely stunning.

Unbelievably beautiful one! Slinky and elegant, the other notes tame the rose, giving it a magnificent freshness. The white musk and cedarwood effortlessly intertwine amongst the florals to charm, and keep the composition modern and fresh. Soft and intimate, like a gorgeous whisper, I could drape myself in this everyday. 

In the vial, this smells bright and elegant - mandarin over that absolutely gorgeous white rose note.  When first applied, both of those things shine, plus a bit of carnation and something "perfume-y" for lack of a better descriptor, but still beautiful.  However, the scent quickly became all of that "perfume-y" note, which I recognized as cedarwood.  It's a very lovely note, but it dominates the blend, with nothing but a supremely clean white musk detectable. 

I want to retest this before I make up my mind - maybe today was just not the best day! - but I am a little sad, because it smells so good before my skin amps the cedarwood. I don't know that I've worn a scent with that note before or not, so I have no idea if that note always does that on me.

So lovely. I like wearing it, tho it gives me super feminine vibes. Fine with me! I mostly smell roses & silk, a hint of cedarwood. Overall I get an impression of dhoop sticks & Ivory soap bars.

*Hi, returned with a 2 year update. This one really smells like laundry soap, very rose, in a good way, but it's very strong & can get overwhelming. When it fades out tho it smells gently of a linen closet from my childhood memories. While my bottle is only half full I will probably decant & send off.

Edited by Rane.