Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
joyfulgirl

Mommy’s Little MI6 Agent

Lilith learning the art of spycraft at Deutsches Spionagemuseum.

A pre-teen superspy’s secret identity: white pear, apple pulp, golden musk, and fossilized amber.

this unfortunately went all wrong on me from the beginning.  in the imp, it smelled like a really soft, fruity body spray, which was...ok.  nothing that was blowing me away.  when i put it on though, it turned to pool chlorine - wtf??  i'm going to wait until my period is over to re-test this and see if it was a chemistry thing.  

Green apple morphs to pear, musk, and a whiff of pool cleanser? This is like a cyanide pill in your tooth. It looks like a tooth, but it holds a deadly secrete inside. Low throw, medium wear length.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Sniff: Shango!

Skin: Deep heady fruit.

Dry: Uck gets a sort of funk on me. Amber? Unfortunately a no go. I didn't the ... chlorine/cyanide approach but I definitely got a strange heady fruit-amber funk. Not sure how to better describe that one.

Verdict: Oddball.

Wet: Pear and apple, with some kinda funky "dark" note. Kind of a sweet and sour combo going on here.

Dry: Powdered pear and powdered apple. More sour than sweet, now.

A little disappointed (pear is one of my favorite notes!). Skin fail!

In the imp - Apple and white musk, perfume-y and tart/fruity and unfortunately slightly reminiscent of cleaning products to me.

Freshly applied - Once on my skin the amber comes out and it’s less cleaning product-y and more perfume-y. It's not so much a realistic apple and pear as it is fruit-tinged feminine perfume.  Light and summery, like I hoped it would be from the notes, like a fluffy, sweet cloud around my wrist. Clean in a glade plug-in kind of way but less artificial.  Awful on my hair, though - there,  it keeps the cleaning product edge, similar to zankoku zen and joyfulgirl's pool cleaner description.

Drydown - Sadly, after the first five minutes of so, "glade plug-in" starts to bully "youthful feminine perfume" out of the way, and by the twenty-minute mark, I'm wearing apple-scented swiffer wet wipes. Curse you, skin chemistry.  Those brief few moments of innocent, light-and-fruity summer girliness were so tantalizing.