Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith: “Nooooo! I don’t want to leave Salzburg!!!! I loved how it snowed, and I loved the food. I piled up on bread, mostly, but the bread was really good. And honeycomb. And bacon and sausage and eggs. I loved the outdoor hot tub thingymajigger. Being in a spa when it’s so cold outside is fun. I love the Christmas markets and I got unicorn and bat stuffy heat packs which is so cool.”

Brian: “I agree with Lilith’s sentiment on this. All the cities we visited were great, but Salzburg was the most charming. I loved the Christmas markets in Berlin, but Salzburg was… – quainter? I loved the gruff and distant replies we got to questions we posed to locals. I LOVED THE KRAMPUSLAUF. You can’t beat a Krampuslauf. Plus, I got a fancy hat. A legit fancy Tyrolean hat. I love that hat.”

This scent? Sachertorte.

So being from Austria, home of Sachertorte, it's cool owning a perfume inspired by it. 

In the bottle I get booze? 😅 Yes some soak the chocolate sponge cake with liquor something. So that figures.

On my skin that booze fast disappeares, I'm glad! It's chocolate, for sure but not just. I think I get some sort of fruit jam, but not sure which one. 

Interesting scent though! 😅

Sachertorte is chocolate sponge cake, filled with apricot jam or sometimes with red currant ("Ribisel") jam and glaced with dark chocolate frosting. The jam is always without any pits. 

I’ve never had the dessert this is based off, but I can say that I want to eat my arm when I wear this. It’s a chocolate cake donut filled with a fruity jam center, and it is SO. GOOD. I need to go wear Cake Smash and a Cake Smash Proto for comparison, as my brain keeps telling me I’ve smelled this before, and I somehow keep circling back to Cake Smash. Will update once I figure out which scent this is a cousin to! Amazing foodie fragrance though. Definitely pick it up if you’re a chocolate fan who likes unique combinations!

Cocoa and kirsch! This smells like a sacher torte - but the European type. Not too sweet, fruity jam, and dark chocolate. A proper sacher torte, for adults. Medium throw and wear length.

I've made a sachertorte from scratch before.  You chop lots, and lots of bittersweet chocolate, a bit of flour, but also make a meringue base to fold the cake base into.  There's an apricot jam reduction you boil the fruit and strain out the pulp for a liquid glaze alone (some varieties allow for raspberry, but I think the authentic one is apricot only).  You also melt EVEN MORE chopped chocolate into a liquid chocolate glaze to pour over the large single tier sponge cake.  It's pretty dry, but you have to eat it with authentic, fresh-whipped heavy cream.  

This scent is a dry, dark, dark chocolate.  This is liquid richness, with a hint of apricot jam to my nose.  It's perhaps one of the most true chocolate scents I have tried from BPAL, and I'm hard pressed not to blow my budget just to get a few bottles of this!