Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Atrous

Morning at Fuschlsee

Salzburg is so goddamn beautiful.

Chilled white tea, freesia, and bergamot blanketing skeletal branches. Winter wind brushing across still waters.

Powdery floral with tea and bergamot.  In the background of the scent is something aquatic-ish.

Soft, feminine, and perfumey.  Stays close to the skin.  I can see wearing this in Spring or Summer.

I like it well enough just not sure I would reach for it that often.

Lime snow! I get mainly limey snow - which is a combination of the bergamot and white tea, and on the drydown its a limey sort of wind, which I am assuming has some freesia in it. Soft, limey, cool. Good throw and wear length.

A bright, citrus scent, rounded by white tea. I can tell there is a slight ice like quality to the tea component, but it's hard to pin down. As the scent wears I get more and more freesia until it rivals the bergamot. A pretty, somewhat airy, bergamot and floral scent, rounded out by tea.

Snowy white tea, brightened with bergamot and girlish freesia.

The freesia opens as a strawberry-like floral, delicate and innocent. Its strawberry aspect fades quickly, leaving a bit of floral sweetness.

The snow note is delicate and brittle. It has an ice that edges close to plastic on my skin, but stays clean. It's snowy ice over an aquatic whiteness.

Morning at Fuschlee is snowy, airy, and delicate.

This is the super-pine-y ice note that has something in it I could swear is a spice.  I think the same one was in Snow Maiden.  I get white tea and bergamot, and maybe a floral though I don't know freesia well enough to detect it, but unfortunately this is all around floor cleaner-esque on me. I was tempted to blind bottle this one and I am relieved I didn't, but the idea of it is lovely.  

If that one snow/ice note didn't amp on me fiercely I can imagine this being an unusual and delicate snowy scent, because I can tell the white tea+floral aspect is there, but in this context it just smells aggressively clean.

This blend is a morpher alright. Upon drydown it reminds of a shower gel i used to own last decade and also of an aquatic commercial perfume from the early 00s. It is better suited for a guy in his senior high school year or early 20s.

The smell that emerges is so hard pin point: it's a thin, sharp and chilly note (bergamot mingled with florals) over a frost note that i identify as bath products. Best use is sweltering summer days, but do not over apply.

Edited by theredkilt

'Do I smell...freesias?' 😑

Yes, Miranda Priestley, you sure do! But more than freesias is the white tea in Morning at Fuschlsee. If you're familiar with the lab's white tea note, you'll know it's a crisp, refreshing, elegant sip. It reminds some people of fancy soap, I think, and it indeed does have a zingy quality akin to shampoo, just as Crack of Thunder HG does, but it's not soapy to me. Nor is aquatic for me. Rather, I get chilly, icy notes like snow and eucalyptus and white icicle-encrusted pine. Very illustrative of the picture.

'If I see freesias anywhere...I will be very disappointed.'

Prepare for some disappointment, if that is the case, because the cool white floral permeates the white tea. Elegant is definitely the word. These are elevated flowers, a little white dress with pearl earrings. Nevertheless, I am not sure if I am quite a freesia girl. Maybe I'm with Miranda on this one. Alas, the bergamot is not the fuzzy essential oil kind I like, but the kind used more in chypres. It lends to the coolness, and perhaps to the aquatic tendency some people get. 

I absolutely adored this when it came out. I think my tastes have shifted a bit since then, and much as I love the way Morning perfectly brings the picture to life, I think it will get more wear with those who love floral white teas. If you love Crack of Thunder or White Rabbit as well, give this baby a try! 

I would wear this while: watching The Devil Wears Prada :P