Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Libra

apple / white musk / rose / rose geranium / sandalwood / ylang ylang

Libra - This is a beautiful blend. When I first apply it, I smell something sharp and bright, which I'm guessing is the ylang ylang. That scent disippates almost immediately, and the next scent I smell is lily that quickly morphs into rose. Lily is not listed as an ingredient in this blend, so I don't know if my nose is playing tricks on me or if the oil is playing tricks on my nose! The top note from here on out is rose. As the blend dries, the scent of sweet, crisp apple subtly blends with the rose, creating a most unique fragrance (and for the first time, I really like the addition of apple in an oil blend!) A little over an hour after I first apply the blend, I start to notice something warm and spicy in it -- almost as if the tiniest sliver of carnation has made its way into the blend. In fact, I can't smell the spiciness as much as my nose can feel the spiciness. This is a very pretty summertime floral. although it's really soft and sticks fairly close to my skin, I will occasionally and unexpectedly waft around me. The staying power is really poor on my skin, as the scent is entirely gone by around the 90 minute point. I'm glad I got to try it, but for a pretty summer rose blend, I'm going to have to stick with Venus.

Edited by edenssixthday

In Bottle: White floral

On Skin: I bought this on Ebay on a whim since I want to try all the Astrological oils. I’m not a Libra, but went for it anyway. I am soooooooo happy I did! This scent is GORGEOUS! I normally hate rose scents, but the apple and ylang ylang sweeten this up and take away the sour yet bitter edge rose usually has on me. I get a beautiful tart and sweet apple… crisp and fresh. The musk softens the whole scent and seems like a nice white linen covering the other scents. The sandalwood, one of my favorite woody notes, gives a very gentle base that keeps this from being to overly feminine, but still, this scent is quite womanly. I love it! When wearing it I instantly feel glamerous and beautiful, it’s a mood picker upper for sure. :P The throw is strong and it has wonderfully long lasting power.

On first sniff, it's clean and sweet rose, with a strong green note behind it. As it dries, I also get a lighter floral note as well, though I can't figure out what it is. I don't smell apple or sandalwood at all, though there are hints of musk. Overall, it's a clean and sweet floral. Lovely.

Hmmm. This is kind of an odd scent. The rose geranium and white musk are both strong in it, and they're not playing together very well on my skin. Not really smelling any apple or sandalwood in it, just this weird battle to the death of the other two notes.

*sighs*

I had hoped I'd like this because I'm a Libra, but... well, it's not working.

as a libra, i'm entitled to be upset that my own astrological blend (AND my celestial blend, venus) didn't work for me. that said, this is entirely too white and green for my tastes--white musk and rose aren't up on my favourites list. i think it's the ylang ylang that spices this up, i can SMELL the warmness cutting through the brightness of it, but in the end it's just not enough to make this something i would wear regularly.

*sniff*

In the vial: Sugar almond apple yum

On my skin: Alice-y. Apples and tea and roses.

Later: Clean powdery sweet tea and apple slices.

Interesting, but fades to a powder-heavy scent. But a clean, non-nose-itchy powder.

In the bottle: Honey coloured oil. Sweet, floral, woody. The ylang ylang, sandalwood, and rose jump out.

Wet: Less sweet, a bit more herbal - the geranium, which adds a fresh touch, and other unidentifiables. The rose is stronger and there's a touch of sharp-swee musk. If I strain, maybe a hint of fruit, but it's very faint. I wouldn't peg it as apple, and certainly not the tart crisp sort.

Dry: This has gone powdery, some how. I think I detect some jasmine, so that could be the culprit, or possibly some amber. The sandalwood is quite dry and a bit sharp, almost masculine, and the fresh geranium note has completely faded. Ylang ylang still strong with rose just behind.

Later: The sandalwood is so dry, dusty, and masculine in this, and along with the heady, oddly sharp-sweet ylang ylang, and sour rose (white rose, is that you?) dominates the blend. White musk lingers sweetly and brightly behind. Apple and geranium are long gone.

Summary: Dry, potent sandalwood, sweet heady ylang ylang, sour dried rose petals, soapy-powdery jasmine and a hint of light musk. Overall, dusty sharp woods and heady elderly florals. Strong throw and lasting power. I had to run to the sink, though.

The 2007 Zodiac version (of which I own two bottles) is ever so much nicer on me!

GAAAAH. Rose.

*sniff*

Still on the drydown, rose with a hint of apple... and ylang ylang.

But yeah, still pretty much a rose.

Seeing that there are other rose blends, more easily accessible I am going to say PASS.

Gorgeous!

This is exactly the type of fruity floral that I love. It's luscious and almost boozy at first. The bright crisp apples and sandalwood take the top on the skin with a bit of the dreamy perfumy yangylang, creating an apple candy like aroma. Almost apple jolly ranchers. The sandalwood and white musk bloom further creating a slight lemon and vanilla edge with a incense background. The rose is there, but it's very much blended in. It is a very rich and beautiful rose, and not at all soapy, though the blend as a whole has that type of smell. It doesn't smell like soap, but it smells like expensive boutique beautifull scenting for a soap.

Super glad I got my hands on this one.

A gorgeous apple scent that's all about the apple and accented perfectly. This beats out Lola in my book as my favorite apple.