Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Well, its true to form!  Definitely smells like matted (slightly damp) fur, a little earthy brown outdoorsy oakmoss, and a slight breath but barely of clove. Very realistic matted fur scent. This could have been part of the RPG line, in some way.

warm snuggly spicy fur note. i totally get the dampness SophieCedar mentions.  I love the lab's fur musk. ferocious beasts at their most cuddly and cozy. who's a good lash? oh yes you are!! 

In Vial: Woolly musk, a little musty; outdoorsy by way of oakmoss.

On me: I buy this as a fur scent--it's warm, slightly but not unpleasantly musty, earthy and animalic; definitely musk, but doesn't go sweet on me as musk often does. I usually read clove as prickly, but this is a subtle clove, normally only a background darkness, sometimes emerging to add a touch of spice. The oakmoss is herbal and outdoorsy, and has a scent-texture that blends beautifully with the fur. A stable, well-blended scent; decent throw and wear length. It left a sweet cola-like/resinous hint of scent on my clothes.

Verdict: This reminds me a lot of Ivanushka (soft, velvety fur and warm musk, brushed by forest woods and dusted by dry leaves), but where Ivanushka is a soft, downy, golden skin fur Eighth Lash is a thick, dirty fur--unwashed but not unpleasantly so; warm, embracing, like cuddling a huge beast outdoors. I'm not happy with the scent it left on my clothes, so I'll have to retest, but I'm leaning towards a bottle.

Edited by Juushika
formatting

I get lots of clove-infused musky fur and oakmoss. I believe the clove is a black clove, and the oakmoss may be infused with some cedar, as I got some of that during the wet phase. It starts off stronger on the musk and clove, backed by the oakmoss, but becomes more about the clove and oakmoss over time (probably due to the fact that I tend to amp both of those notes).

This would pair perfectly with Ziegenkopf HG, so I am going to keep this decant for that purpose. :)