Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red leather, chocolate, and black pepper.

I get mainly red leather with whiffs of chocolate and black pepper. If you're into leather blends, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

This is delicious. If you've gotten to try Fifth Lash, it's the same red leather but in a real starring role this time, where it doesn't have to compete with red musk and all the other bold notes from Fifth. It's a beautiful warm comfy leather, a little brighter than the typical black and brown leathers, but not plasticky at all. 

The chocolate pops out when freshly applied, but as it dries the black pepper takes over as runner-up for most prominent note. I wish it was the reverse because I have really been enjoying the lab's cocoa in certain blends and it's a beautiful richness here, not uber-sweet, and the peppery layer kind of stomps over it. Like maybe a little Bliss on top of this would be awesome. 

If the pepper behaves itself, I'm going to need a bottle of this. Let's see how it settles!

ETA: Duh, my decant has the famous chocolate sediment at the bottom! With a good stir/roll, the chocolate comes out beautifully. Turned it from "maybe I need a bottle" to "I NEED MORE THAN ONE."

Edited by starbrow

With Sixth Lash just applied, I get chocolate strongest for a minute or so, with a secondary red leather. A scarce hint of black pepper.

Then it becomes an even chocolate red leather, with a shake of pepper.

Not my thing, but interesting!

This has a lot of chocolate sediment that likes to sit at the bottom, so make sure you give your decant or bottle a good roll to mix things up before applying!

Wet: In order from strongest to least - chocolate, pepper, and leather. You can smell EVERY note. (I'm really not sure of the difference between leather and red leather; to my nose, they basically smell the same.)

Dry: The chocolate and pepper are pretty much neck and neck as far as strength goes, with the leather kind of lingering in the background. Kind of a spicy(okay, peppery) chocolate scent with a hint of leather.

This was a lot nicer than I was expecting! Good for someone like me who likes chocolate scents, but not the biggest fan of leather.