Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Christian Friedrich Gille

Black amber, dark green mosses, and clove.

I tried this yesterday on damp hair, and today on dry hair.

This is mostly about the powdery black amber and the moss, with some spice from the clove. The black amber is the strongest note when it is first applied, even though the clove jumps out at me in the decant. This is a cinnamon-y clove that isn't as prominent as the black clove in Black Clove, Tobacco Flower, and Grave Soil HG.

I can still smell it when I hold my hair up to my nose several hours after application, but it's not one of those hair glosses that surrounds you in a cloud of scent. But the boy kept telling me how nice I smelled yesterday and said it wasn't the perfume oil I was wearing, and then he proceeded to bury his face in my hair, so I wouldn't say it is a light hair gloss. He always compliments me when I am wearing amber hair glosses (Pa-Pow HG is his favorite), so I am guessing that he was picking up on the black amber (even though it's the moss that stands out to me after a while).

I like this, but I kind of wish it were a little stronger on the clove! I don't think I need more of this, as I have several amber hair glosses already, and I already have a clove-centric hair gloss, but I will definitely be hanging on to my decant! :)

I love a good black phoenix amber, and this gloss has it dusted with mosses and lightly spiced. when this first landed, it was more mossy amber. as it's settled, the clove as come out more.  

it reminds me of my beloved amber/patchouli gloss in that it's an easy scent to wear everyday, or on days when I'm not up for a big showstopper, but I still want something gorgeous and complex.  it's that little black dress that feels as comfy as perfect jeans kinda vibe.  :heart:

This one is gorgeous.  It's a dark amber with clove, and if you love clove, get this.

UNF. Would purchase more of.

Like sexy Christmas. Dark green from the moss, further darkened by Christmas-like clove and sexy black amber. It has an almost spooky undercurrent that I really like. Clove powers through to be the most prominent note over time.

Ziegenkopf hair gloss is my favorite of the goaty hair glosses. The black amber, dark mosses, and clove combine to create something green, woodsy, mysterious, and very appealing. Even though there’s no carnation in here, the clove and moss together create a phantom note of carnation that makes this smell like a dark floral. Gorgeous.