Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The White Window Hair Gloss

Lily of the valley, osmanthus, white oakmoss, silvered orchid and ambergris accord.

The White Window HG does smell white, like a white flower extravaganza. Lily of the valley (one of my fave notes), plus osmanthus and orchid—supported by ambergris and oakmoss. If you love white florals, don't miss this! It's really elegant.

Very "white" floral hair gloss. Not getting any of the ambergris, and it's very strong on the lily of the valley. There's a very strong baby-powder quality to me, and not something I would reach for again.

If clean, white florals are your jam, definitely seek this out! 

right off i smell the lily and orchid. i get some oakmoss after a few more minutes, rounding out the scent a bit. still, it's primarily white florals. i think i smell a tiny hint of osmanthus. it's one of my favorite notes, and honestly one of the main reasons i wanted to try this. i don't seem to get any ambergris, and the osmanthus gets more powerful as time goes on. it dries down to a subtle osmanthus and oakmoss. 

Lily, white floral and a whiff of ambergris. If you like white florals, give this a whirl. It makes your hair smell like if you had just gone to an expensive salon.

Bottle fresh from the Trading Post.  This review is for the scent only, as I have already reviewed the hair gloss itself (which I love for the shine but especially for detangling.)

In the bottle, I mostly smell lilies-of-the-valley and osmanthus, with an undertone of herbal green oakmoss. When compared to the companion Atnosmosperic Spray, this is also a while floral with emphasis on the lilies. But it is indeed lighter and more effervescent, without the grounding of the vanilla.  It's gorgeous.

While spraying it into my wer hair, I noticed only a delicate green herbal note.  No flowers at all - how odd!  It's as if it were a completely different fragrance than in the bottle. And even that was gone after two or three hours, even when I held my hair right up to my nose to sniff it.  Very different from my other hair glosses, most of which linger in my hair until they are washed out, even if that is several days later.  It would be good for wearing in a crowded or stuffy public place, where you don't want to overwhelm others with a heavy scent.  It's not as beautiful on me as in the bottle, but I still like it very much.

I tried it again a few days later in case my nose was having an off day, or the oils were reacting with traces of shampoo from my freshly-washed hair, or something.  I just couldn't believe how totally different it was in the bottle than on my hair.  Maybe it was my imagination?  But no.  This time I sprayed it on dry hair instead of wet.  Yep, the same thing happened.  100% mossy greenery.

But about 10 minutes later, I smelled a cloud of white lilies floating around my head.  I brought my hair up to my nose and sniffed.  Sure enough, the herbal greenery had acquired some flowers.  It was more subtle than in the throw, and the moss was still present, but now there were the white flowers too.  How interesting and lovely!

It also lasted longer when sprayed on dry hair, being faintly noticeable 12 hours later.

I'm really glad I got the pair, of matching Atnosmosperic Spray and Hair Gloss.  It is great fun to compare the ways they are alike and the ways they are different, and how each contributes to fulfill to the theme.  I wish I could have gotten all the colors!

Predominant Notes:  Lily-of-the Valley in the bottle, Oakmoss on my hair

Character:  White Floral in the bottle, Herbal/Greenery on my hair.  Feminine, light, cool

5 out of 6 stars.  It would be a 6 if the beautiful floral notes were as apparent on my hair as they are in the bottle; and if the scent had more longevity.

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

Dusty lily of the valley.  It's nostalgic smelling to me and reminds me of something from my childhood.  It also manages to not go into soap territory, a problem I often have with lily of the valley.  I don't think it's something I'd ever really wear though - too floral - so I'll swap my decant.  It does have an elegant feel though.  It makes me think of Victorian heroines in white night gowns and silvered ladies in daguerreotypes.

Edited by VetchVesper