Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

There Was Beauty, There Was Wine

The prince had provided all the appliances of pleasure. There were buffoons, there were improvisatori, there were ballet-dancers, there were musicians, there was Beauty, there was wine. All these and security were within. Without was the “Red Death.”

Gushes of black and red wine splattering damask rose and white pear, engulfed in thick clove incense.

Ton of red wine and clove incense. Loads of wine. This is a very red wine blend. Whiffs of roses on the drydown. Good throw and wear length.

For me this is a rose and wine incense, I don't get any pear or much clove after it dries. In the family of Obsidian Widow but more incensy and without the patch. 

Strong, rosy wine. The pear gives this a holiday-y vibe. I am getting that insence in there too, reminds me a bit of the one in midnight on the midway, though this is not comparable to it due to all the other notes.

I tend to enjoy bpal's wine fragrances, but not this one.  The rose is very sour, dry and crumbly smelling, which makes the red wine feel unpleasantly sour overall.  Then the incense is very dusty.  The whole thing feels like smashing old roses into a powder and throwing them on a dusty stone floor, then spilling red wine over it, and then this is the scent of it all dried and covered with more dust.  No pear or clove for me.