Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cornelis Saftleven

Dust, dry incense, parchment, and tobacco leaf.

In the Bottle:
Incense with a sepia edge.

On the Skin:
Blooms immediately on the skin and is so beautiful. Incense but with a lovely clay dust note and parchment mustiness. Overall it's dry but also full of depth, preventing it from being one dimensional.

On the Drydown:
It's the tobacco leaf that ends up adding some sweetness to the blend in the end. Ends up like the memory of incense infused in fabric, like curtains. I like the mustiness but then I love The Center from American Gods

Incense, tobacco, and a whiff of dust. If you like either incense or tobacco, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: My nose might be playing tricks on me; this smells like citrus? Citrus and incense. I'm actually quite liking it.

Dry: A little less citrus now, but still some type of citrus and incense combo. 

I.. have no idea where my nose is pulling this citrus note from, but I'm okay with it. Confused, but okay.

I'm getting a non-listed-note experience too, but in my case it's oudh.  When Animal Allegory hit my skin, that was the first thing I thought of.  There definitely seemed to be something animalic, unless my expectations were playing tricks on my nose.  The oudhiness did calm down quickly, and then I got a dry, dusty incense, a little head-shoppy, quite lovely if you like that kind of thing.  I'm not getting a lot of tobacco, at least not yet.  It turns out I don't need a bottle of this, but I will enjoy my decant and am glad I got to test it before the goats come down.