Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

18th century Russian lubok, illustrator unknown

Red amber, frankincense C02 absolute, green fig, labdanum, King mandarin, Atlas cedar, and bitter almond.

I got this because it has some similarities to a long discontinued favorite of mine, Mad Meg. Almond is usually a straight up NOPE before it even gets to my skin, but MM surprised me, and I hoped Boar and Goat would as well. And the almond is very definitely prominent at first. It settles down quickly, though, and then the frankincense/cedar/labdanum peek through just a bit. The fig and the mandarin blend together into a high-pitched, light-fruity note. Juicy, not jammy. The amber is undetectable, which is strange because I usually amp amber like crazy.

After it's been on my skin for a while, it starts to remind me of ... Swank, maybe? I don't have an imp anymore to cross-reference, but it has that alcoholic fruity thing going on now, and the almond has disappeared.

Almond, cedar, frankincense, amber and a whiff of fizziness. Honestly, this almost smells like a resinous amber almond cream soda that has spilled over a cedar plank. Both the almond and the fizziness makes it lighter, and the amber is very taming to all of the elements, and I'm actually really sort of enjoying this. There's a very playful element to this. Medium throw and wear length.

Ok, so I can't say, see another person's review... because my previous review was reported.  Oops. Guess I missed that part of the forum guidelines.  so, here's a real review.

"this does smell very effervescent. Its kinda like cedarwood and almond soda, I guess? Green, bubbly, sharp, and incensey."

Edited by SophieCedar

Despite the bitter almond billing, this blend goes all sweet amaretto on me at first. There's also an effervescence that begins faint, and soon grows into strength.

In drydown, cedar warms it up further.

I get a little excited whenever I see CO2 in a notes listing, but I never find frankincense or most of the listed notes here. Almond-turned-amaretto is stomping everything else out.

So, yeah. Cedary amaretto soda.

Cedary amaretto soda sounded excellent to me, so I got a partial of A Boar and a Goat.  The label is charming, by the way.  Wet, this is all almond, not bitter but sweet, with that cola-like labdanum underneath it and a sting of cedar.  After a few minutes the frankincense comes into play, and after half an hour the initial blast of almond has receded greatly, allowing the fig and mandarin to be appreciated, so it's as if Carnal has come to the party.  And it is a festive sort of scent.  It doesn't last super long on me, but I'm happy to reapply.