Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Her scroll is sealed, her book is closed, and she is silent: the wisdom that she grants is that which cannot be put into words, that which cannot be recorded but must be experienced.

Honeyed myrrh with a drop of Ceylon cinnamon.

Beth continues to evolve as an artist. This collection is unique, and beautiful, complex, and stunning.

Two problematic notes for my chemistry, honey, and cinnamon, and my skin is not having it. Myrrh is typically great for me, but unfortunately she's nowhere to be found. Honey and spice lovers are going to have so much fun with this one.

I dont know what is going on here but this smells SO CLOSE to my beloved Mother Ginger from the Nutcracker series. I don't lnow how that is possible but yet...

The drop of Ceylon Cinnamon has the heart of a lion. It dominates the sweetened myrrh, but the honey and myrrh provide a warm bedding. This does not evoke scroll-ishness for me. More like a holy manger and a very generous wise man.

ETA: The dry down of this (3 hours later) is nummy. I found myself rubbing my nose in my wrist without realizing it. The honey has emerged and it's like a subtle Bengal (the scent). A nummy, cuddly Bengal lion cub.

Edited by tarotgirl

Myrrh, honey, and an edge of orange. This honestly ends up a bit like a more resinous version of an orange creamsicle. Way to go skin. Way to go. Medium throw and wear length.

The Scroll is absolutely gorgeous wet, with lots of throw: honey with myrrh and just the faintest edge of what must be Ceylon cinnamon but doesn't read anything like Big Red gum on my skin. This cinnamon is deeper and more subtle. As it dries down it gets warmer and spicier and foodier, and the throw mellows down considerably. I kind of lose the myrrh, or rather, the myrrh melds with the honey to create a kind of dirty, sexy honey. It's not the pale, crisp honey of something like Against Idleness and Mischief; it's much lower pitched and sexier. Just three notes, but The Scroll still manages to feel complex and nuanced. Lovely!!!

Wet/in imp - cool, sweet spiciness that's almost like root beer or coca-cola or ginger-ale. Seriously, this smells like an artisanal soda made with real cane sugar.

Freshly applied - rootbeer/cola/cream soda. Seriously, I cannot believe how much this smells like something out of a fancy soda fountain. No burning effect from the cinnamon (yet?).

Fifteen-twenty minutes- nose-tingling rootbeer/ginger-ale/cola OMG this is so weird. I really like it - it's cooling rather than warm like cinnamon usually is, a perfect summer boardwalk scent. The cinnamon's failed to burn/sting on my skin thus far, so I think I can rule this one safe for my skin.

1 hour in - The scent has faded back slightly and lost some of that epic fizzy tingle, but it's still a unique tingly, spicy-cool scent.

3 hours in - has faded to a soft, close-to-the-skin fizzy scent. Less like soda now and more like a soft, powdery-haze-y fluff with a bit of tingle. I can't distinguish any of the notes clearly, except for the soft, powdery effect that's likely due to myrrh's drydown.

On me, none of the notes really stand out. It all blended into a warm, cozy thing. No cinnamon, no honey, just a sweet warmth. This will be wonderful to wear in the later half of the year.