Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Mysteries of Persephone’s divine descent entwined with the Mysteries of the Temple of Solomon, forming a map of the Tree of Life.

He made chains in the inner sanctuary and placed them on the tops of the pillars; and he made one hundred pomegranates and placed them on the chains.

Pomegranate, dates, and cypress infused with ketoret smoke veiled in violet, purple, and crimson.

Beth continues to evolve as an artist. This collection is unique, and beautiful, complex, and stunning.

Purple and green, with a hint of smoke. This starts of a tiny bit sharp, and a little soapy from the green, and like the pomegranate itself, it's sharp when you first bite down on the juicy arils, but then the purple sweetness coats your tongue. The drydown on this one is definitely evokes the violet, purple, and crimson.

I'm not sure I love this one on my skin, but I may have to let it age out a bit to to see if it smooths out a bit.

Smoky pom, violets, woods, and dates. This one is a very complex fruity blend. I get mainly pom and dates, with violet keeping it from being all fruit, and with the smoke curling around, and is this a blend to summon Persephone? Because if it isn't, it should be. It's a mystery and a guide all wrapped up in one. Good throw and wear length.

This is a gorgeous pom, violet and purple scent. I don't know what dates smell or taste like. But if they are like this, I need them! Bottle worthy for sure! :dance:

Sinuous. Intoxicating. There's a sharp bite of red pom in the early stages but then the plumes of coloured smoke drift across it, obscuring the toothmarks. Intense red and purple, darkness, purple and red. Vivid on a black backdrop, lingering like after-images inside closed eyelids. Dreamy, beautiful, mesmerizing. Wafts like over-dyed silk scarves billowing on the moonless tropical breeze.

Mysterious, seductive, and very long lasting on my skin. Currently, I'm not getting the sticky sweetness that I'd associate with dates, just a dark richness. If this one does mellow/sweeten with aging, I could possibly love it more. Yes, I'm smitten! :wub3:

In the bottle

Smoky, incense-y pomegranate in the bottle. Colorful and luxurious. It smells very purple.

Wet on skin

There's a green element to this once it's on my skin that I'm inferring is from the date palm. At the same time, this becomes sweeter and more juicy.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes

This doesn't morph as much on my skin as most of my other BPAL blends. This is still incense and pomegranate with a little bit of green. It's very lush.

Thoughts

Most of the time, pomegranate has a crisp, fresh quality to it. Not so for this pomegranate. This is rich, deep pomegranate, thanks to the incense. The longer it's on my skin, the more the cypress wafts over the pomegranate, which is really lovely.

I really want to love this conceptually, and the pom note is fine, but something else in this isn't working on me. There's a note in here that's turning on me into something maybe rubbery? maybe metallic? It's a little like the way Fortuna Dubia didn't work out. Dates, where art thou? :cry2: