Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A jester’s balloon, a vagabond’s pack. The riddle and the punch line. The Consequence, the Mystery, the Untapped Collective Knowledge of All Mankind.

Jasmine petals tumbled with a panoply of spices, suffused with incense smoke.

The Bindle offers a jasmine-dominant blend with a dreamy, summery, honeyed quality, like there's a hidden honeysuckle in it. My first thought was actually that I smelled honeysuckle, and then jasmine, and I thought of Eostre of the Dawn, one of my favorites. It's a lovely jasmine, full rather than high-pitched, and closer to Winter Jasmine SN than a jasmine from some of the GCs I've tried.

Freshly applied on me, The Bindle reads as mostly this jasmine and honeysuckle with a diffuse waft of gentle, calming incense smoke. This isn't the strong incense of walking into a shop where it's burning in the same room, but rather of incense burning from the next open door or two down the street. It's a mellow incense, like frankincense sleeping in a hammock, or like some sticks I would've bought in a Saturday market to burn years ago.

I don't catch any spices from this until it dries, and even then they are barely there and seem part of the incense. This is a surprise for me, as I often amp spices, but something here is giving the dried Bindle a more exotic air, reminding me of India. The flowers have settled down by this point, leaving a really lovely exotic skin scent.

Unfortunately, I'll probably want a backup of this. :cool:

this is pretty close to a pure jasmine - before I got into BPAL I mostly just wore jasmine absolute, it's one of my all time favorite notes. This starts off as a sweet, tea-like jasmine and becomes a little more sharp and soapy over time. The spices are very subtle - I get delicate wafts of something sweet and spicy around the 3 hour mark. This has the same quality that I get from Pele of actually being humid. Like, when I wear it I can taste humidity at the top of my mouth. It's really weird and idk if anyone else ever has the same experience BUT this will be a fantastic warm-weather scent. It really blooms on warm skin. If jasmine is headache-inducing for you I would stay far away from this because like I said it's pretty close to a pure jasmine. I loooove it.

This really is like walking past night-blooming jasmine and honeysuckle on a summer night, that dreamy bewitching kind of smell. It has great presence and wear without screaming at you. This is the most beautifully balanced jasmine note, with just that curl of smoke and honeyed spices. The throw is perfect and it's pretty resilient, lasting even through a shower. I think I need a bottle of this!

this is a lovely, somewhat indolic jasmine at the beginning. after a couple of minutes i get a slight hint of spices, but overall this is mostly jasmine and the other notes are subtle. after about 10 minutes, i think i get a hint of the incense smoke. i really like this scent-i think it's perfect for spring and summer!

JASMINE petals, and a touch of incense. Why hello there Jasmine, you coquette you. I see that you've spent the past few weeks in the Middle East. Feeling spicy? Yeah, that's what I thought. Still jasmine, but you know, a little more exotic. Still very in your face. Great throw and wear length because you know jasmine, being subtle is not her forte.

The Bindle is jasmine incense on me, with smoke and spice complicating but not overwhelming. Agree that this is jasmine-forward, especially in the wet and early drydown stages. Definitely for jasmine lovers, of which I am one. Reminds me more of Peitho than anything else, and Peitho is wonderful so that's a true compliment.

This is wholly different from what I expected; having the notes in mind I was expecting something more sea-rat, this is more apothecary to me. Sharp, clean to the teeth. 
Spices (apothecary spices) packed in sturdy cloth and JASMINE oh my. 

the honeysuckle comes out more as it dries down (thankfully) but I'm not getting much of that insence. 

...That's a lotta jasmine! 

Sniff: Oh, the jasmine is definitely there! But it's not a fresh, wet jasmine - can definitely tell there's something darker and heavier cutting through the floral

Wet: Very much the same, strong presence of jasmine muffled by an earthy curtain

Dry: Lingering jasmine, but now I detect more of the spice and incense. It becomes a bit dusty, a floral powdery finish. This is definitely for jasmine fans, although it's a unique combination and not as heady as some jasmine blends.