Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
scsmithx

Non-powdery honeyed/rainy white floral recommendations?

Hello everyone!

This is is one of my first posts here, and I'm so excited to join in on the BPAL communitu! I've just started getting into Indie perfumes. To give you an idea of what I've liked, so far I love so many of Solstice Scents' woody perfumes (Attic, Manor, Library, Maplewood Inn, Covered Bridge). I've decided to start branching out into BPAL territory, and have been craving some springtime scents. I started sampling Sixteen92 florals, and was so disappointed that the first one I tried (Mellifera) went powdery on me! It would be the perfect honeyed light floral perfume if not for that dratted powder note! Its made me realize that that I intensely dislike anything even related to powderiness/matronly/baby powder or baby wipes or baby oil.

So, I'm on the hunt for non-powdery BPAL scents. I'm in search of the following perfume "categories" and would love recommendations from you all:

1) light, delicate honeyed white florals

2) sunny orange citrus

3) rain-drenched earthy florals

4) straight honey

5) aquatic ocean, like a pirate galleon scent

6) always down for great woodsy/forestry Scents, especially with cedar

Thank you so so TREMENDOUSLY much everyone!

) light, delicate honeyed white florals: Do The Dancing Maidens Sleep, Oleander Honey, Honey Moon 05, Fiat Nox Gennivre, L'artiste Du Diable, Alice, Osun, Thaleia (Muse), Zarita the Doll Girl, Hetaire, Yellow Jessamine Honey, Door, Only Lovers Left alive: Hal, Harikata, Orgy with 9 Women

2) sunny orange citrus: Et Lux Fuit, Alumna,

3) rain-drenched earthy florals: I'm no help here...

4) straight honey: Audumla, Sweets to the Sweet

5) aquatic ocean, like a pirate galleon scent: Windward Passage, Thalassia

6) always down for great woodsy/forestry Scents, especially with cedar: Lear, Cordelia, Yggdrasil, the Jersey Devil, Black Forest

HTH

Also, there's subthreads in the Recommendations forum for individual florals, Honey, Orange, and I Want to Smell Like Forest...

http://www.bpal.org/topic/10948-a-short-guide-to-common-recommendations-with-direct-links/?do=findComment&comment=166667

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but for 'rain-drenched earthy florals' you might want to try Yorick. It's mostly earth/dirt but with a light floral on top. It reminds me of rainy spring days.

As soon as I read "3) rain-drenched earthy florals", I immediately thought of Season of the Inundation

I definitely remember it more 'watery' rather than snowy as some reviewers said. I was really sad that I couldn't wear it (allergy) because it was really amazing.

Edited by rawgirl75

For your rain-drenched florals, you might consider New Orleans. The jasmine and honeysuckle notes are rich and decadent, but the lemon and spice bring something to it that's more grounded.

As for woodsy, Red Queen ended up like wet woodchips on my skin with only the faintest cherry note. If that had been my goal, it would have been perfect, but it teased me with the cherry scent strongly in the imp. Still, it's worth a try for what you're looking for.

Hell's Belle, Les Bijoux, and in the currently available LEs, Fortuna Balnearis, Who Would Not Tremble Too, and Courtesan with a Secret Lover

You should try Elf! (Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry). Based on your likes/dislikes, I think it would suit you well :)