Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red roses, agarwood, red patchouli, benzoin, and black currant.

In the bottle: nice mix of rose, wood, and the patchouli/benzoin to round it out.

Wet: agarwood starts to come out more

Dry: Scent dominated by the agarwood with the patchouli playing a supporting role. I can barely smell benzoin, but, unfortunately, the rose goes away somewhat quickly and is never the star of the scent.

Overall, I think this makes a nice, rounded wood scent and it had good longevity on my skin. I would not describe this as a rose scent at all.

Big morpher but true to the notes listed and I enjoy every phase.

Wet: very red patchouli, musky roses(prbly the benzoin helping) with strong liquerish agarwood and a bit of sweetness from the currant. Sex bomb. Keep this on you on dates/prowling jaunts and reapply constantly.

Drydown: mostly roses and black currant, which I'm perfectly fine with! Warmth from the benzoin gives this a cozy sitting by the fireplace with nice fancy pastries feel. Love it.

Wet: Lots of earthy patchouli. I usually like patchouli with currant, but this needs some aging I think. It's very dry and somewhat bitter. The rose only barely peeks through. At least the oudh doesn't smell like poo?

Dry: This dries more as I expected - fruity currant and patchouli with rose. I think it will be really great with age - in the same vein as Black Moths. I think I will wait and test it again in a few weeks before I make any decisions - the patch is still a little dry and dusty for my taste.

Red roses, patchouli and a touch of black currant. It's a mish-mash of dirty roses with a whiff of dark fruits. Good throw and wear length.

Soft roses blended with woodsy/resinous notes. The woods are more prominent than the rose, which is actually very delicate. A sweet and subtle fragrance, lovely in its gentle way.