Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pyewacket

Blue Moon 2018

The spirit of the full moon is capricious, intense and passionate, yet still distant, aloof and cold. Luna herself governs glamours, bewitchments and dream-work, innocent wonder, transient pleasure and delight, the Moment, impulse, mystery and veils. The Blue Moon is one of her rarest manifestations, and this scent is formulated to encapsulate her most complex and profound nature:

Mugwort and bay, for psychic sensitivity…
Juniper, for divination through dreams…
Orchid and galbanum, for complexity, wisdom and noscere…

… with a potent lunar-charged blend of exquisite Asian woods, moonflower, Madagascan ylang ylang, Florentine iris, wild juniper, starry bergamot, elemi, green tea absolute, palmarosa, cucumber, Clary sage, lettuce leaf, melilot trefoils, wood aloes, and pale creeping buttercup.

This is my first experience of a Lunacy so please bear with me. There's a lot happening of course, it's a complex scent. In the bottle, Blue Moon smells very cool and fresh.

On me, it's a complex mix of herbal and floral. Not the hippie/dirty/herby smell you can get with some scents, this one is cool, clean herbs and pale flowers. And there's a misty, watery component, like gathering herbs and flowers from around a clear pool of water at night.

I wish I could describe it better :) I really like it and I'm glad I'll be able to wear it tonight during the blue/blood/super moon. The dreams should be interesting :nervous:

In the bottle:

Oh! It does smell blue. How the devil does she do that?! :think:

Initial reaction:

This takes me to a deep, deep reflecting pool tucked away in a hollow between trees in a witch's herb garden. Initially I sense moisture from the cucumber

(and lettuce leaf?), herbs and nighttime florals surrounding, and a grounding of soft green woods. My overall impression is of being draped in a midnight blue velvet cloak and gazing at reflected moon and starlight (elemi?) in calm waters.

If you could use a perfume oil for scrying, this would be it.

After a full wear:

The moderate throw of this reads as primarily pale floral with accompanying green (tea) leaves silvered with dew and smoothed by a bit of silken iris powder.

I got lovely wafts of this throughout the day and from under my jacket when I went outside. The feeling of blue depths was more prevalent closer to the skin and in the opening. The dry down is soothing and gleams softly feminine.

Beautiful and contemplative, you could wear this anywhere.

Do use caution if daydreaming at your own private oasis might be frowned upon at work or in class. :P

Overcast skies are clearing here... I just might catch a glimpse!

Cool and fresh! Bamboo, aloe, elemi and iris are the notes that stand out the most to me. It's actually a very Asian Blue Moon to me - probably because of the bamboo. Light, fresh, and very Shunga-esque actually. Low throw, good wear length.

Softly cool (not chilly at all), fresh, and herbal.

First on my skin, I get mugwort, bay, and green tea most prominently, with blue juniper and powdery iris hints, on a blended, complex background.

After a bit, sometimes I get whiffs of fresh lettuce and cucumber, sometimes tropical ylang ylang and cooler flowers.

Once Blue Moon dries, I mostly get a soft, floral aloe.

The powdery quality lingers. Sometimes it seems to come from the iris, sometimes from the herbs. Maybe it's a bit of both.

This is a low-throw, personal skin scent.

Overall, I'm getting the clear, moonlit pool in an herb garden that I sought. :smilenod: I wish it were less powdery, but I'm liking it.

In the bottle

This smells like the color blue. At first sniff it's like a blueberry when it's not quite ripe and still really tart. Then once I give it a few seconds it's far more complex between the flowers, woods, and herbs. It's hard to pick anything out in particular but this smells like the color blue and it's really, really beautiful.

Wet on skin

The floral notes are more pronounced once this hits my skin, and some herbal notes come out as well. I don't get any juniper but I do get the vegetable notes of cucumber and some other greens, which work really beautifully with the flowers and woods. On my skin it has a lot of throw.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes

Less tart, more mellow, still pretty good throw on my skin. This isn't wholly floral or herbal or woodsy, and the resins are also coming through. Still reminds me of a tart-not-sweet blueberry. Maybe because of the iris? I can also smell more of the lilac.

Thoughts

This is an interesting one. As I said before, it's very Blue. It's very dense. Like I'm a magical night fairy going camping in a forest nearby, and I brought wild blueberries to snack on and there's a hot spring to relax in nearby. Glad I decided to spring for a bottle of this. I can't be the only person who thinks of blueberries with this one, right?

First thing that came to mind was old ladies perfume. Herbal. Soft, pretty flowers confined in moonlight. Definately getting a splash of cucumber and lettuce which is an interesting whiff! It's kind of like a witch doing some sort of spell at night near a lake.
Definately gets more blue on drydown. Little throw on my skin. A really soft, lovely sleeping scent.