Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kscha2017

Frozen Chypre Hair Gloss

A winters cologne: a pale chypre infused with white sage, creeping mint, pine needles, and frankincense.

This isn't going to be a very helpful review, but I am extremely moved by how much this reminds me of Christmas as a kid. Specifically, it reminds me of how my mother's winter coat smelled after we came home from midnight mass on Christmas Eve. There is the faint scent of a mix of sophisticated perfumes that lingered on her collar (chypre?), the smell of church (frankincense, I suppose), and the sense of cold air and snowflakes on the wool (mint, pine and sage?). If the picture on the label had a scent, this is exactly it. I would not call it "pretty" but it is full of nostalgia for me. It is also going to be the most perfect pairing for my beloved Frostbitten Malediction perfume from the Lab.

I get a ton of chypre, with a sweep of piney sage, and a touch of frankincense. Honestly, it sort of reminded me to Jean Nate, and it has a very old-timey, sophisticated feel.

YES!! This is indeed as Kscha and Zankoku have described in terms of it being a traditional chypre perfume from a bygone era (mine-HA!). The pine adds a cooling winter feel and the frank is very light. I love this!!!