Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Hydesville Atmosphere Spray

Just twenty-three years ago yesterday the youngest daughter of John D. Fox, residing in a haunted house in Hydesville, Wayne county N.Y., made the interesting discovery that she could receive communications from the other world through the medium of raps upon tables, doors, chair-legs, wooden walls, and other timbered articles. On the night of March 31, 1848, the family were kept awake by the incessant rat-tat of unseen knuckles upon the floors and walls of the rooms in which they slept. Little Kate, then only ten years old, was in a merry mood. While her elders were shivering and shaking with fear, she took it into her head that with her fingers and toes she could raise as much racket as the ghosts, and began forthwith. At first the mysterious noises were silenced, but in a minute or two the invisible rappers responded to every snap of the child’s fingers. Kate was not slow to improve her opportunity to experiment. “If they will rap when I snap,” she said to her terrified sisters, “why won’t they count as we do at school at the call of the teacher?” “Now,” said she, “count 1, 2, 3, 4, as I do,“ striking her hands together. Four distinct raps were given in response.

– Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester NY, April 3, 1871

Tea rose and teak, and black tea with a drop of cream.

The teak and black tea are most prominent in this blend. They blend very well creating a base of light, smooth wood. The roses are very subtle, and I would say they have a dried quality, rather than fresh and bold. I might get a hint of cream if I search, but it's not very prominent and probably helps to keep the blend from going too dry. Perfect scent for your Victorian parlor or library!

The black tea, sweetened by the cream - but only slightly - is the first impression to greet my nose. The rose is subtle, but a fresh, just-cut rose, not a stuffy-lady kind of rose. The whole impression is delicately sweet and light and very refreshing! Yes, I will surely use this in my own front sitting room, but I can see using it for sure in my linens closet and bath as well. Just lovely!

Oh but this is a beautiful scent! A creamy vanilla rose. Not a fresh spring rose, but rather aged gentle dried rose petals. The black tea is very prominent, and the teak more subdued. All around it is a very well balanced scent. It is extremely reminiscent of Joyful Moon - one of my absolute favourite scents. It’s cozy and warm and I can see myself using it all year round.

Dried pink rose petals, and a whiff of cream. This is a very pink roses blend, but dried roses. Very rosy.

ROSES.